Sign in to follow this  
Alicante

The Syagrus which wanted to be a Roystonea

Alicante

This Syagrus from Brazil thought that he/she was tired already of being just a simple Syagrus and evolved into a Roystonea. :lol:

post-2078-1247453318.jpg

Credits to kelen (palmtalk) http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/13535-variedades-de-syagrus-romanzoffiana/ 

I also found this pic which I posted few years ago here in Palmtalk, within a field of the east coast of Spain. Those Syagrus look pretty cool too:

2epoi00.jpg

Those ones also have a bit of a Roystonea feeling, isn't it? Not sure how they look nowadays. But that Brazilian one (1st pic) is just epic !

post-432-1247412278.jpg

Another Roystonea looking Syagrus. Add some green at the top of the trunk and it can perfectly pass as one. :P

Edited by Alicante
  • Upvote 8

Alberto

Sometimes I see here S.romanzoffiana with really massive trunks. I´ve seen some with even fatter trunks then this posted above.

• Upvote 1

Kris

Very nice visuals.

Love,

Kris.

Alicante
On 7/9/2017 15:26:00, Alberto said:

Sometimes I see here S.romanzoffiana with really massive trunks. I´ve seen some with even fatter trunks then this posted above.

Do you have any pic of them ? (I believe you, of course! but it would be splendid to see them ^_^)

On 7/9/2017 16:43:05, Kris said:

Very nice visuals.

Love,

Kris.

thanks!

• Upvote 1

Matthew92

Going along with this thread, I saw this pair in front of a club/bar just south of Clermont, FL on U.S. 27. It seems very obvious in the close up picture, but from the highway, they kind of look the same and I had had to do a double take to realize they were a queen and a royal. 

IMG_2234.thumb.JPG.e558e39f1d660ab70be29

• Upvote 2