lapalmeraie

"Jardin Majorelle" Marrakech - Morocco

lapalmeraie

Hi folks

This summer I visited Marrakech (Morocco) for the thirth and consecutive year and finally made it to the famous Majorelle garden!

This garden was created by the painter Jacques Majorelle (1886-1962) in forty years and was afterwards also bought by the well know fashion icon Yves Saint Laurent. 
It isn't that big but the small and shade lanes, the ridge and well maintained collection and the typical "majorelle-blue" colored buildings make the visite worth while! 

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2818_59a7d3fa1005c.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

• Upvote 7

Panamajack

Beautiful!

TexasColdHardyPalms

I really like the look of this garden.  Very nicely done.

Kris

Very beautiful garden,How did i miss this thread.

Thanks for those lovely visuals.

Love,

Kris.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Hello everyone, I was looking at an app called iNaturalist, which is an app that lets you post and look at observations of plants and animals around the world, and I typed in Cocos nucifera and found this post in northern Morocco by the Mediterranean Sea. Does anyone know any information about this? I thought that it would be too cool in the winter for them there. 

• Nakheel1412
      By Nakheel1412
      Hi,
      This morning, I took the car to go and pay some bill, only to find the place crowded with people ;
      This is when I decided, after taking my queue ticket, to go pay a visit to some nearby Bismarckias  ;

Here's some pictures I took today (+older ones) of local Bismarckias :

1/

• GMann
      By GMann
      Last month I took a trip to Morocco and saw Chamaerops cerifera and Phoenix dactylifera growing in their natural habitats in the Atlas Mountains.
      Most of the Silver Chamaerops one sees in habitat is very low ground cover, but occasionally, on steep slopes or in stream beds you can see some with several feet of trunk. They tend to be most common at elevations between 4,000-5,000 feet.
      Here's a video: