IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

The Garden of Jackie and Rene - Image Gallery (July 15, 2017)

Pando

Here is an image gallery of Jackie and Rene garden in La Mirada, CA, visited for the first time as part of the PSSC tour on July 15, 2017. Here you can find an array of rare palms, bromeliads, aroids and ti plants, among others, presenting a wonderful display of contrasts and colors all perfectly manicured.

Special thanks to Jackie and Rene for opening up their garden today!

Please note: The imagery I have produced and posted in this and other threads here in Palmtalk are for your enjoyment, meaning they are for private, non-commercial use only, and as allowed per user agreement of this forum. Unless prior arrangements are made with me, these images are not to be used for commercial purposes or non-IPS related publications. This means you may not use them in your own ad to make a profit or distribute or publish them without credit. Thank you.

n7H0aFC.jpg

dqRkeje.jpg

7M0qrdo.jpg

aMz3KfT.jpg

• Upvote 6

Thanks for the photos of such a tight clean garden. Makes me realize, when I see such meticulous gardens as this one, just how wild and totally 

opposite mine is. No matter, we all love our gardens just the same. 

Tim

• Upvote 3

Tim

Hilo, Hawaii

3 hours ago, realarch said:

Thanks for the photos of such a tight clean garden. Makes me realize, when I see such meticulous gardens as this one, just how wild and totally 

Tim

dude

JUST GO WILD

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Jackie and Renee just rocked the house, and gave a grand experience to all who attended!

Where were the rest of you hiding?

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

7 hours ago, realarch said:

Tim

Makes me realize how much litter the Eucalyptus tree on the city's property drops all over my garden.  :badday:

Amazing landscaping!  Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the pictures! I could not get over those Chamaedorea trunking form.  Any body know the exact Species/Variety?  There is a small debate weather they are tree form Radicalis or something else.

Hi All,

This is Jackie. AKA (erin)

I want to thank Pando for taking such wonderful pictures of my garden. Pando you really have a professional eye. Thank you so much!

Thanks to all who attended. Everyone was so gracious.  It really made the experience very enjoyable for us.

• Upvote 3

It's nice to see this sweet little slice of heaven.Thanks Ando and Dave. I am/was on call and was headed that way until I had to make a u-turn in camp Pendleton and run some calls.

• Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Agree with the rest of the palmlover buddies: the landscaping its stunning and I love the use of the colour of the plants. Congrats Jackie & Rene.

Thanks again Pando for such wonderful pics.

• Upvote 1

08053.gif

5 hours ago, erin said:

Hi All,

This is Jackie. AKA (erin)

I want to thank Pando for taking such wonderful pictures of my garden. Pando you really have a professional eye. Thank you so much!

Thanks to all who attended. Everyone was so gracious.  It really made the experience very enjoyable for us.

Hi Jackie,

We, on the Palmtalk planet, are lucky; thanks to Pando, we enjoyed visiting your garden. We'll come again, certainly !

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka