Sign in to follow this  
yachtingone

Encephalrtos munchii pollen is needed!

yachtingone

My female E. munchii is throwing 5 cones!!!  I will need pollen.  I will split the seed 50/50 with the pollen donator. Send a pic of your male plant.

Thank you,

Randy

(951)733-5082

20170712_071618.jpg

yachtingone

I still need pollen!  I am interested in crosses.  I am going to cross one cone with orange coning E. ferox. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Jonathan Haycock
      By Jonathan Haycock
      Hi all,
      I’m currently living in the UK, but will be emigrating to Australia within the next 2-3 months. 
      I’m looking for pure seeds of Allagoptera, Jubaeopsis, Lytocaryum, Parajubaea sunkha, Parajubaea cocoides, and hybrid seeds (in any combination) of Allagoptera, Butia, Jubaea, Jubaeopsis, Lytocaryum, Parajubaea, and Syagrus to take with me, or contacts in Australia who have mature specimens of the above.
      Appreciate most palm enthusiasts who produce F1 hybrids often won’t offer seeds as it makes more sense to sell the seedlings/plants, but I’m also open to F2’s, F3’s etc. 

Many thanks
      Jonathan
    • Hillizard
      By Hillizard
      http://silverhillseeds.co.za/Newsletter.asp
      The information in this current newsletter from Silverhill Seeds was discussed at last year's NorCal Palm Society meeting in Berkeley. It's a very tragic event that adds to previous posts by Palmtalk folks regarding the many challenges of collecting seeds "in the wild" in some locations. I thought it was something to share with a wider audience in this forum.
    • SilverDragon
      By SilverDragon
      Hello all,
      I recently acquired four Adonidia merrillii seeds, and five Leucothrinax morrisii seeds. I have NEVER tried to grow palms from seed before, but have always wanted to try it. I confirmed that they are viable using the "float test", and now I am attempting the "ziploc bag" technique; the Adonidia seeds are each in their own baggie, and all five Leucothrinax seeds are in the same bag. The soil they're in is a mixture of a pearlite-based mix and the Miracle-gro "Cactus Palm, and Citrus" soil (I also grow cacti and citrus). I added some water to each, and they are now under a heating pad in a tray. I am using a thermometer to monitor their temp, and they have been sitting at around 80-90 degrees since they were placed there.
      Given that I have never grown palms from seed before, I am open to any suggestions or recommendations as to what I can expect or should do. I know that palms can take time to germinate, so I am hoping to see results by the end of the month, or at least before the end of winter (I am in NE Ohio, zone 6b, so it's cold outside right now). The Adonidias were planted on the 1st, and the Leucothrinax were planted on the 6th.
      Again, any recommendations or tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    • cfkingfish
      By cfkingfish
      Faulkner's Palms will now be offering fresh seeds from Florida and around the world as part of the business. So often I found in the United States that there was not one place to get a bunch of different species of palm seeds. Fresh seeds are key to getting good germination, so here is a list of what we have to start, and it will only build from here. Prices are 25/$10 or 100/$20 plus shipping unless otherwise noted. Also, if you would like to get three species of 25 each, that would also be $20. You can contact me here, or email me at faulknerspalmsllc@gmail.com. Check my Facebook business page for weekly updates on new seed availability.
      Also note - we ship internationally as well.
      Thanks!
      Carpentaria acuminata 
      Gaussia gomez-pompae
      Trachycarpus wagnerianus
      Sabal minor
      Chamaedorea tepelijote
      Gaussia princeps
      Livistona saribus
      Hyophorbe lagenicaulis
      Coccothrinax argentata
      Schippia concolor
      Dypsis lastelliana
      Thrinax radiata
      Coming soon -
      Attalea cohune
      Cyrtostachys renda..... and much more!
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      This is probably a very basic question, but I have a nice sized Needle palm with a larger center trunk and smaller suckers all around it. Will the suckers ever flower like the center trunk will? And if they do flower, can the suckers polinate the other suckers and trunks flowers and produce viable seed? Thank you for reading.