Kai

Fresh Lytocaryum weddellianum pollen

Kai

Hi,

I have some very fresh Lytocaryum weddellianum pollen. The infloresence popped last night and I left only the female flowers on it. The male flowers can go to whoever wants to give hybridizing a try.

All I ask in return is some of the produced seeds if pollination is succesfull.

Cheers,

Kai

• Upvote 1

Kai

The pollen is gone.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I was taking photos in the back yard jungle a couple days ago. The following planted/potted palms were ready for their closeups:
      Syagrus schizophylla - The only Syagrus with spines, I think. Very slow growing compared to queens. I grew this specimen from seeds I found under a display at my local orange BB about 10 years ago. It was unfazed by fusarium wilt that destroyed all my queens, mules and Washy.

Ptychosperma sp - Solitary, skinny little palm with huge ruffled leaves. New leaves open bronze-y red, then turn dark green.

Chamaedorea ernesti-augusti - This species cannot tolerate my alkaline soil and dies within weeks of being planted. So, I grew these from seeds started 10 years ago and they live their lives in pots. Those stems are thinner than my forefinger.

• ChrisA
      By ChrisA
      Hello Everybody,

Driving back from San Antonio last weekend I was going through El Paso on I-10 and noticed a Taco Cabana. It is well known that this chain prefers to plant palms to add that tropical feel at their restaurant locations, but I was stunned when I examined more closely that there were three good-sized Queen Palms in the front hell-strip!  Google maps shows these as being planted after the terribly cold vortex that slammed the region in February 2011.  These were likely planted either later on in 2011 or in 2012. The December 2012 street view shows very young queen palms which grew greatly by 2015. Looks like they normally have the fronds singed in winter, although winter of 2019/2020 shows the fronds still quite green in February of 2020; and pretty good in 2019.
      I'm not great at detecting the difference between mules and Queen palms. Perhaps someone can verify if they are indeed pure Queens as I suspect?

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.7821343,-106.4053766,3a,75y,305.53h,90.23t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAXhpWujDT-ppUYjQN9krzw!2e0!5s20200201T000000!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

-Chris
    • Moose
      By Moose
    • Pal Meir
      By Pal Meir
      For hybrides with Cocos nucifera or else!

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I planted the following three Syagrus species and/or hybrids on my garden lot way back around 2013. I grew most if not all of them from seeds. At one time they were tagged but no longer. I believe one of them (#3) may be S. picrophylla but need confirmation. Nos. 1 & 2 are true unknowns. All of them are smaller and much slower growing than common queens. Nor have they been affected by the fursiarum wilt that killed off all my queens and mules in 2014/15. None of them has flowered yet. They are easy-growing palms that take my climate and soil in stride.
      Syagrus ID #1