• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I planted the following three Syagrus species and/or hybrids on my garden lot way back around 2013. I grew most if not all of them from seeds. At one time they were tagged but no longer. I believe one of them (#3) may be S. picrophylla but need confirmation. Nos. 1 & 2 are true unknowns. All of them are smaller and much slower growing than common queens. Nor have they been affected by the fursiarum wilt that killed off all my queens and mules in 2014/15. None of them has flowered yet. They are easy-growing palms that take my climate and soil in stride.
      Syagrus ID #1

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Yesterday I took the following photos of some of the palms in my back yard World's Smallest Jungle
      View down the walk toward the Isabelle Canal

Left (east) of walk: Chamaedorea ernesti-augustii in pots and Hydriestele dransfieldii

Right (west) of walk: Kerriodoxa elegans

Pinanga cochinensis

Ravenea julietae and Chamaedorea geoniformis

Lytocaryum hoehnei

Lytocaryum weddellianum & Reinhardtia latisecta Compact x2

Pots of palm seedlings germinated this past growing season

• Marius
      By Marius
      Hi Everyone
      I need this Syagrus species identified please.  I tried under the "Cold Hardy" heading, but got no replies.  All inputs will be welcomed.
      Thank you

• Marius
      By Marius
      Hi Everyone
      Another mystery palm.  Can anyone please help with identifying this palm.  I suspect it is a Syagrus sp.  Coronata?  Is there a green form?

• abdalav
      By abdalav
      Hello, everyone. I'm a journalist from Brazil and I started to cultivate palms recently. I bought this palm in a shop here in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I'd like to identify it correctly. Is it a Syagrus weddelliana,another species, a hybrid?
      It's about 80 cm tall. Its largest leaves have 58 cm rachis and about 40-45 leaflets on each side.