Mohsen

any one growing Bottle Palm in pots- please show yours

JLM

Heres mine, greenhouse frame for size. Got some pretty bad sun burn, but its got a new spear coming in. Growth rate has increase dramatically now that its in a bigger pot :) 

20210402_134457.jpg

• Like 1

John2468

I just wait for the boots to go completely brown, then I use a scissor and cut it close to the trunk.

• Like 1

JLM
55 minutes ago, John2468 said:

I just wait for the boots to go completely brown, then I use a scissor and cut it close to the trunk.

Do you think mine is too small to be cleaned or would it be fine?

John2468

It would be fine if the boots are completely brown. I cut mine when it’s still small. 

0005A8A0-A9ED-48CF-BBD2-65C44479F7AA.jpeg

• Like 1

Butch

Here is an update on mine in a 42" pot... Putting out it's 5 spathe...

N0Td6lB.jpg

Butch

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Frond-friend42

16175899354284049294304157844585.jpg

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• palmtreesforpleasure
      By palmtreesforpleasure
      Ptychosperma burretianum is a nice palm, does not take up much room, Hyophorbe lagenicaulis in the background of one of the pictures
      regards
      Colin
       es nor take up to much room, a few pictures looking down on the new red leaf with large Hyophorbe lagenicaulis to the upper left.
    • NatureGirl
      By NatureGirl
      Pot with around 35 Bottle Palm (Hyophorbe lagenicaulis)Seedlings. $20 for all( plus Shipping) bare-root in moist spaghum.
      Beachpalms@cfl.rr.com

• Coasta
      By Coasta
      Hello everyone, looking to purchase some bottle palm seeds or a  seedling. They look gorgeous growing and thought it would be fun. Any recommendations on a good place to purchase? Also thinking of putting a bigger bottle (Hyophorbe lagenicaulis) in a pot, how difficult would it be to keep it alive in arizona growing under a covered patio? 

Thanks guys and gals!
    • NatureGirl
      By NatureGirl
      My Bottle Palm has finally produced good seeds after at least 10yrs of blooming and dropping. Sorry, but i cant rule out Bottle/spindle hybrids since my Spindle Palm blooms and seeds constantly. It is only about 25-30 ft away. If anyone wants any - $6.50/50 seeds Or $10/100 seeds. plus Shipping(zoned based) seeds are large! Will weigh and give estimate. Will probably have to clean because of size. Seeds are ripening quickly, but will need a week or so before all are ready, then time to clean. Just wanna see if there’s any interest. Note Spindle and Bottle proxmity in 2nd pic.
      Beachpalms@cfl.rr.com

• Jeff_Cabinda
      By Jeff_Cabinda
      To share them as babies and get comments / questions, if any... Thank you 
      Phoenix rupicola
      Hyophorbe lagenicaulis
      Sabal mexicana
      Caryota maxima "himalaya"
      Phoenix canariensis