IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Andrea's Arrived...first name storm of the season

Palmarum

Subtropical Storm Andrea is about to make landfall soon, bringing a whole bunch of rain somewhere else...

I guess this season is starting early...hold on...

Ryan

South Florida

Yeah i heard it also already on radio, and reed it in the newspaper en internet. Maybe the "things" for a strong and long season? Good luck to the people that live there ...

Hurricane season is from June to November?

Robbin

Southwest

(Palmarum @ May 09 2007,22:16)

bringing a whole bunch of rain somewhere else...

Why, why, why, not here? WE NEED RAIN!

Roger

Royal Palm Beach, FL.

USDA Zone 10A/10B Subtropical

26.7 degrees N. latitude

10 miles West of West Palm Beach and the ocean

Avg. yearly rainfall 58 inches

:cool:

(ZoneTenNut @ May 10 2007,15:06)

Why, why, why, not here? WE NEED RAIN!

Roger

Roger, have you had some rain yet?  You all were supposed to get some this evening, and pops around 40-50% for the rest of the week.

Not as good here - we start Monday with 40% but it's 30% thereafter, could be another long dry week.  Andrea was nothing more than a troublemaker, bringing wind, not rain, which fanned the fire and smoke.

Friday in St. Pete was gawdawful (gag), nasty thick (gag) smoke everywhere (gag).

St. Pete

Zone - a wacked-out place between 9b & 10

Elevation = 44' - not that it does any good

Hmmmmm, something about this name of the storm that just dosen't sit well with me.  :P  Well, it's Wednesday, what a letdown of a storm. No rain.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

(Jeff Searle @ May 16 2007,22:38)

Hmmmmm, something about this name of the storm that just dosen't sit well with me.  :P  

No, I guess not :D  

At least you can tell your Andrea that her storm didn't damage anyone, it was just a gentle swirl that sailed out to sea :)

St. Pete

Zone - a wacked-out place between 9b & 10

Elevation = 44' - not that it does any good