Hamal

Senci Rare Seeds - Sri Lanka

sgvcns

Hamal

They sell through ebay as well and I couldn't resist 25 Chamaedorea tuerckheimii for $38 plus delivery http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/2014-mhje/m.html?item=201854118107&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

If they look good then will buy more as they have some good stuff.

Steve

sgvcns

The Chamaedorea tuerckheimii seed from their ebay store has arrived.

All seed looks good and are sinkers. Hopefully they sprout true.

Steve

comic097

Bought from them 6 months ago got 1 seedling from 25 

Hamal

I have not ordered those yet, but some other species, among them Beccariophoenix alfredii. Unfortunately, they are anything but B. alfredii. The seeds were smaller, did not have three "eyes" that are typical of the tribe Cocoseae and germinated adjacently while B. alfredii is a remote germinator. So they sent the wrong species. I wonder if the other species were selected correctly. So I am not completely happy even though the germination rate is pretty good.

XYZ

Good luck with your "tuerckheimii" there, man!!

First image shows a male Veracruz form. Second and third images are mine (lifted without permission from PalmTalk and many years stale) of a young blue sullivaniorum and one of my garden colonies of Guatemalan blue tuerckheimii. Wow, I wonder how they got seed from my Vista Hermosa collection, being as how it doesn't exist anymore

So much of their other listings are so patently bullsh*t (e.g. Nepenthes edwardsiana seed), I'm surprised the have any buyers AT ALL.

Hamal

The quality of the seeds is not bad. They have a high germination percentage, but they seem to have a lot of ID problems. I ordered Archontophoenix purpurea, but received most likely Licuala grandis. I ordered Beccariophoenix alfredii, I have yet to figure out what I received. So most likely the Chamaedorea tuerckheimii sseds are anything but...

thiebeter

I ordered several kinds and none of the seeds were what they were labeled as. I wrote that to Mr Khuma, I guess the owner or at least the one who writes E-mails, he promised to send new, fresh seeds. Again I recieved Licuala grandis and other seeds but not the ones i payed for. The germination-rate was dissatisfying as the service.

Loxahatchee Adam

Do NOT buy from. I have purchased seeds once through eBay and once separately.   There was no way to know the seed themselves were incorrect, but the first one from a batch bloomed and it was wrong.  A much less valuable seed passed off as something else.  

• Like 1

PalmatierMeg

They’ve been on & off eBay at least twice. I bought Cham tuerck seeds from them that did nothing, didn’t buy again.

Reynevan
PalmatierMeg

A tip: make sure these foreign plant vendors provide proper certificates to mail plants to your country. US Customs now scans all pkgs entering the country for proper paperwork, then seizes/destroys any plants without it. Most vendors can't/won't provide it. I have two sources of plants in Thailand that do offer certificates but those come with extra cost.

Jemini

I am buy Cyrtostachys renda seeds and Phoenicophorium borsigianum seedlings from 

https://www.sencirareseeds.com/..   I received that seedlings in good condition.

They sell 100% fresh seeds with 100% germination quality.   Highly recommended.

Good staff and good service.  

Loxahatchee Adam
On 3/7/2020 at 12:48 AM, Jemini said:

I am buy Cyrtostachys renda seeds and Phoenicophorium borsigianum seedlings from 

https://www.sencirareseeds.com/..   I received that seedlings in good condition.

They sell 100% fresh seeds with 100% germination quality.   Highly recommended.

Good staff and good service.  

Really, this user joined and has made one post ever claiming 100% germination and 100% fresh seeds???   That sounds completely fake to me.    Going back to my post from last year- this seller routinely has Amherstia nobilis seeds listed for sale.  I made a purchase for several of them 2 times.  Once through eBay and once directly through their site.  Many seeds in that group- Amerherstia, Saraca, Brownea, etc have a similar look.  Amherstia leaf flushes come out with a uniquely different look.  None of these had that.  Later on, the first plant started to get flower buds at a surprisingly small size.  It ended up being a Saraca sp. of some sort.  While they are nice, I didn't need one.  It's not what was purchased.    I contacted the seller (of course it had been a year and a half since the sale at this point when the first bloom happened) and no responses.   AVOID THIS SELLER!  and the fake reviews on their behalf!

Briank
On 4/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, Loxahatchee Adam said:

Really, this user joined and has made one post ever claiming 100% germination and 100% fresh seeds???   That sounds completely fake to me.    Going back to my post from last year- this seller routinely has Amherstia nobilis seeds listed for sale.  I made a purchase for several of them 2 times.  Once through eBay and once directly through their site.  Many seeds in that group- Amerherstia, Saraca, Brownea, etc have a similar look.  Amherstia leaf flushes come out with a uniquely different look.  None of these had that.  Later on, the first plant started to get flower buds at a surprisingly small size.  It ended up being a Saraca sp. of some sort.  While they are nice, I didn't need one.  It's not what was purchased.    I contacted the seller (of course it had been a year and a half since the sale at this point when the first bloom happened) and no responses.   AVOID THIS SELLER!  and the fake reviews on their behalf!

Do your telling me the Brahea Pimo seeds I got from them are gonna be probably Trachycarpus??? Hahhaa probably.  But was worth a shot for little bit of dough.   I’ll grow them and see what pops.   Tells you how bad I really want this Palm.  But not holding my breath Hahahaha