IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm Beach Palm & Cycad Society - Annual Spring Sale - April 8th & 9th, 2017

Palmarum

PalmBeachSociety_Header1.thumb.jpg.130a4

Palm Beach Palm & Cycad Society

Annual Spring Sale - April 8th & 9th, 2017

The society is having their Spring Sale this weekend. The fall sale from last year was cancelled due to Hurricane Matthew, so there is a heightened vibe surrounding this sale. Vendors and Society members are expecting a larger than usual crowd. Jeff and myself will be there along with a selection of vendors, the total number of which I do not know as of yet, but it is possibly more than usual. This might equal a larger than average selection of palm material, including one of the largest selections of cycads around. I know of a few familiar palm people that will be attending and there has always been a large turnout among Forum members. The weather should be excellent if this one front holds on and makes it all the way through. I would have posted a copy of the spring sale postcard that was sent out, but I seemed to have misplaced it. I copied the info below from the society website:

Link:http://www.palmbeachpalmcycadsociety.com/events.html

If there is any more info to add I will post it here, and that goes for anyone else who has more information, feel free to add it.

PalmBeachSale_Post.thumb.jpg.09fa1ba086c

Ryan

South Florida

Thanks Ryan, we will be there.

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

Setup complete...

Jeff, Carlos and I spent half the day at Mounts setting up the booth as the sales area was coming together. There are ten vendors, including a few new participants. By the time we left, there were still several booths still under construction. I didn't have time to look around, but I plan to tomorrow, there should be a lot of neat stuff.

Ryan

South Florida

Was a great sale had a real good turn out. Was mainly there to volunteer but did manage to pick up one thing. Great to see everyone also.

Encephalartos natalensis

20170412_091113.jpg