Sign in to follow this  
Hillizard

Palm Flora on eBay

Hillizard

I recently purchased two palms from http://www.ebay.com/usr/palm_flora in Lafayette, California and was pleased with their size and vigor. His prices seem reasonable, esp. for less common palm species. I'd buy from him again. 

Vari805

I too recently acquired a nice palm from Kenneth (Palm Flora) on Ebay.  Very well grown, well packaged, and well priced.   I would buy from him again!  

Pete in Paradise Hills

I've purchased a bunch of brahea from him. He ships potted palms that are always well packed and grow well for me.

Ben in Norcal

Ken's a good dude.  Lives right by me, grows just about everything from RPS seed, locally.  Love getting stuff from him because I know it is adapted to my precise climate.

Jdiaz31089

I purchased several palms from him and they were all a good size and looked very healthy. I followed his seller's profile on ebay, will definitely buy again. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Tracy S
      By Tracy S
      The palm beach palm and cycad society is having a one day sale at Mounts Botanical Gardens on April 13th. Lots of rare palms and beautiful cycad. Great vendors. Make plans to attend.Jason Dewes will be be present for book signings.
      Saturday April 13th 9am to 4 pm.

• GeorgiaPalms
      By GeorgiaPalms
      I thought it may be cool to post photos of the garden as it appears this winter. Please posts pics of your own garden as well. I am in North Georgia, a cold zone 8a.

• UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      Okay, so I have been a palm enthusiast and exotic gardener for about 4 years now. Most of my palms are still quite young/small, as I am only 26 years old, therefore it's not like I have been growing palms for 20 years or anything. I have only been doing it for a few years. 
      At 51N, in the southeast of England, the climate can be a bit of a challenge for me. Summers are generally pretty warm here, but winters can get cold as I am inland, away from the coast. Growing my favourite palm types, such as Phoenix & Washingtonia, can be a bit of a challenge here. Fortunately this winter has been pretty mild for us. Last night the low was 10C (50F) and today we reached a high of 55F (13C). Considering we are in the middle of winter, at lat 51N, that is pretty good weather. We haven't actually had a frost yet, in 2019. But on average, I can generally expect a frost on 1 in 8 winter nights, and I average around 30 frosts a year in total.
      The reason for a lot of my palms being containerised is that I am planning to move house in the not too distant future, and I want to be able to take most of them with me. I don't want to go to the effort of planting them in the ground, then having to dig them back up again. Or having to leave them behind altogether. Hence all the pots. I'm sure people will understand. 
      All the photos below were taken on 13/01/2019...
      Sabal Palmetto

Trachycarpus Princeps Hybrid

Phoenix Theophrasti

Trachycarpus Fortunei

Trachycarpus Wagnerianus

Cordyline 'Starburst'

Cordyline 'Pink Passion'

Left Border

Right border

Another Fortunei - some don't handle the wind well at all, and have less robust fronds...

Trachycarpus Nova

Trachycarpus Takaggi & Chamaerops Vulcano

Chamaerops Humilis

Washingtonia Robusta

Cordyline 'Red Star'

Cordyline Australis, Butia Eriospatha & Jubaea Chilensis

Jubaea Chilensis

Butia Odorata

Phoenix Canariensis - grown from seed and very hardy. It doesn't show any damage at -5C and has survived -8C in a pot, with minimal frond burn. 

Washingtonia Filibusta & Filifera seedlings (6-9 months old)

Washingtonia Robusta seedlings (2 months old)

Assorted Cacti planter - this stays outdoors all winter, but is protected from rain and excess moisture by overhead shelter, as they MUST be kept dry in winter. 

Opuntia Microdaysis (bunny ears cactus) - also remains outdoors year round and can take -5C no problem. 

Citrus Calamondin - I bring my citrus indoors if an overnight frost is forecast, to keep it actively growing and fruiting. It hasn't come indoors yet in 2019, and is now flowering again due to the mild, spring like temperatures.

Serrano Pepper - I also bring the peppers indoors on nights that frost is forecast, to keep them producing. This one has actually taken a few light frosts, to no ill effect. 

Lovely sunset tonight...

• Hferrell87
      By Hferrell87
      Hello all,
      I have been using promix hp and adding more perlite as my main potting mix. A couple problems I am running into are that when dry, its so light weight that a small gust of wind knocks them over and if not watered enough, the soil locks up and doesn't allow good water saturation throughout all the roots.
      I've heard that adding silica sand into the mix can help with both problems I am dealing with...
      Does anyone use silica sand in their mix? If so, any suggestions on where to bulk purchase?
      Any other ideas?
      Thanks so much!!
    • GaDawg
      By GaDawg
      Took a brief walk in the woods today with the family. 
      For some reason, I can only load one picture.