• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Awhile back I posted photos of the first surviving crop of seeds from my Dypsis lanceolata. Those seeds are harvested and ready to go to new homes.
      https://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Dypsis_lanceolata
      This is a clustering Dypsis but only sparsely so. My palm has two stems and is 8-10' tall. It is notable for its unusually long, arched fronds and wide, rippled leaflets. It is closely related to Dypsis pembana and cabadae.
      Dypsis lanceolata fresh seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot
                                                         100 @ $15.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $6.00 in a padded envelope. I cannot ship seeds or plants outside the US. No shipping to HI.
      Payment via Paypal.
      PM me if you are interested
      Photos

• GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      Hello I was wondering if people could share how they germinate W. Filifera and Robusta seeds, I am wondering what the ideal temperature for germination is, as I have my Filifera seeds in a pot at room temperature with the soil at around 67 F, will they germinate?

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I germinated these seedlings several years ago. They are still tiny but hanging in there. I still have dozens of them. I believe they are D. madagascariensis v mahajanga but I need confirmation from a Dypsis afficionado. I got the seeds from @NatureGirl back in 2018 or so. They are maddeningly slow growing as some Dypsis are but are surprisingly resilient. They stay outdoors in the shade year round and get no protection from the elements. I have dozens of them I am looking to sell as I don't have time and energy to keep herding them around.
      Are these D. mad v mahajanga?

• sashaeffer
      By sashaeffer
      New to seed germination indoors as I've previously just bought potted palms. I've discovered with a couple species that potted purchased palms that don't do well indoors....and die, do much better if grown from seed.
      I'm using baggie method and heat mats and trays with pretty good luck.
      My question is, when is the best time to plant them up and also to remove  from any bottom heat?  I don't want to "cook" the new seedlings. 
      Are heat mats only supposed to be  used to get seed to "pop"?
    • Dimimelbourne
      By Dimimelbourne
      I have this golden cane palm who I keep indoors in a really bright room. It has grown incredibly fast, more than doubled in the few months I’ve had it. I repotted it perhaps 3 months ago and it looks like it could already use another upgrade! I want to encourage it to keep growing so I’m unsure if repotting it would encourage this or perhaps slow it down? Maybe it’ll focus more on growing roots or the root movement may affect its foliage growth? We’re also coming to the end of the growing season where I am as well.