• Similar Content

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Is this a Quercus virginiana seedling? Last Spring I was at Virginia Beach and just picked up the seed, which was already germinating on the ground, and brought it home with me. There are a ton of wild live oaks all around Virginia Beach, but I can't even remeber if I looked for the tree this one came from. I believe it is a live oak seedling, I kept it inside since it was so small (it was in a shady spot during the summer). It is starting to grow again. Is there a way to tell if it is a live oak other than it not losing its leaves, at this size? 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I saw a picture on Google of these palms, then I looked at them on street view, and I can't figure out what they are. Does anyone know? 

• GaDawg
      By GaDawg
      Took a brief walk in the woods today with the family. 
      For some reason, I can only load one picture. 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I have a bunch of Spanish Moss up on some wood inside and it is really healthy right now, but it is getting no nutrients since it is inside, I was thinking of mixing a very small amount of orchid fertilizer with some water (maybe 1/20) so that every time I water it (spray) it gets some nutrients. Does anyone know anything else about this, is it a good idea? 
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I threw some live oak seeds in a pot and at first they sprouted and looked like live oak seedlings, but now I'm not to sure if they are live oak. Take a look.