NorthFlpalmguy

Various Sabal seeds

NorthFlpalmguy

I have various fresh Sabal seeds (martima, causiarum, bermudana, mauritiiformis, riverside) with surpluses in the hundreds each if you are looking to trade. I prefer cold hardy (9A) species to trade. Will consider selling some as well.

Ben in Norcal
3 minutes ago, NorthFlpalmguy said:

I have various fresh Sabal seeds (martima, causiarum, bermudana, mauritiiformis, riverside) with surpluses in the hundreds each if you are looking to trade. I prefer cold hardy (9A) species to trade. Will consider selling some as well.

I have a bunch of stuff, but not a lot 9a hardy.  Let me know if you are interested in Brahea Super Silver, Brachychiton rupestris, Sabal minor or palmetto.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Ben OK
      By Ben OK
      I thought this was a pretty good testament to the difference in hardiness between sabal palmetto and  birmingham sabals. I don't think we got below 10F to 12F at my house this winter, though we did have a spell or two where we went between 2 to 3 days without getting above freezing. We had a few small snow events, none more than about 1.5" at a time. The birmingham is in the SW corner of an L-shaped bed on the south and west sides of my garage. Both are shielded from north winds by the house.  
      Here is the difference between the two at my house given the above winter conditions: 

• LasPalmerasDeMaryland
      By LasPalmerasDeMaryland
      Hey y’all! 
      I’ve recently grown a love for Sabal Minor and it’s becoming my favorite cold hardy palm. I’ve seen reports of it in Maryland on Dave’s Garden, and it seems to be bulletproof in my climate (no damage in a normal winter and only takes minor damage in extreme temperatures). The gardener lives in Centreville, MD and reports that Sabal Minors (and R. Hystrix) not only survive, but thrive in his area. This is very promising for me since his area is pretty much a similar latitude to mine and he is in a zone 7a while I’m 7b. He also reports Sabal Louisiana as having very similar hardiness (so mines have a chance!). But I would also like to buy some normal Minors and Hystrix in order to have something that doesn’t cause me to lose sleep on colder nights 

I was wondering where I could buy some good quality Minors and Hystrix. I prefer the larger Minors like those found near the NC coast but I’m open to anything. I’m also wondering about your experiences with bare root Needle palms. I ordered a bare root 3 years ago and it died before winter even arrived (which I believe to be transplant shock since they don’t like having their roots disturbed). Now, that one needle is dead and it’s carcass is still in my garden... mocking me. If you have any suggestions or experiences, let me know! 
    • PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have two Sabal strap leaf seedlings to sell in one lot as follows:
      Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant in 1g pot. It is about 2-3 years old. See the following link for info on this variety of Sabal minor
      https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/58162-sabal-minor-emerald-isle-giant-wseeds-any-interest/&tab=comments#comment-868587
      Sabal miamiensis in 4" pot. It is about 12-18 months old. See link below for info
      https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/53084-sabal-miamiensis-seeds-for-sale/&tab=comments#comment-803477
      See particulars below:
      Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant, 2-3 years old = $15.00     AND
      Sabal miamiensis, 12-18 months old = $10.00
      Shipping for both = $10.00    via Priority Mail. No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI. Palms will be sent without pots & soil with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap & foil
      Total = $35.00
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested
      Photos below
      Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant (left) & Sabal miamiensis (right)

Emerald Isle Giant

Emerald Isle Giant Mother Palm

miamiensis

miamiensis Mother Palm

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have two Sabal strap leaf seedlings to sell in one lot as follows:
      Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant in 1g pot. It is about 2-3 years old. See the following link for info on this variety of Sabal minor
      https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/58162-sabal-minor-emerald-isle-giant-wseeds-any-interest/&tab=comments#comment-868587
      Sabal miamiensis in 4" pot. It is about 12-18 months old. See link below for info
      https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/53084-sabal-miamiensis-seeds-for-sale/&tab=comments#comment-803477
      See particulars below:
      Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant, 2-3 years old = $15.00     AND
      Sabal miamiensis, 12-18 months old = $10.00
      Shipping for both = $10.00    via Priority Mail. No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI. Palms will be sent without pots & soil with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap & foil
      Total = $35.00
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested
      Photos below
      Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant (left) & Sabal miamiensis (right)

Emerald Isle Giant

Emerald Isle Giant Mother Palm

miamiensis

miamiensis Mother Palm

• LasPalmerasDeMaryland
      By LasPalmerasDeMaryland
      Some of my palms that I’ve collected. Many of these are not going into the ground as they wouldn’t stand a chance haha. Theyre all a bit rough looking due to neglect and me being away. 
      This is a Chamaerops Humilis which I bought from a Maryland Lowe’s as a blue pot. It’s pretty big and I may try it outside but I’m not sure. It may not work out.