Daryl

And so it starts again...

Daryl

And so it ends again!

Well...best laid plans don't always work out, and due to other circumstances I have had to sell up and it's now time to move on again...let's see where I end up!  The garden will be exactly 4 years old this Christmas,

I'll add a few photos over the coming days which will be the finished project for me, and who knows how the garden will morph over the coming years. Hopefully the new owners will continue the theme and  not change it too much...but it's not really my place to tell them what to do LOL.

One of my coconuts and a Veitchia joannis in the late afternoon sun...

DSC_5816.thumb.jpg.16fdcfff9cac77d21f560a322b5e8723.jpg

A young Bizzie one day will make a bold statement in the street (I hope)

DSC_5757.thumb.jpg.e60c4a2b5533fcb26c47a2192bf345e3.jpg

Parajubaea torallyi and Beccariophoenix alfredii seem to be enjoying the growing conditions here, even if we have had a few dry years.

DSC_5786.thumb.jpg.6b616c061260adac48d9c6f831ae4c9f.jpg

Edited by Daryl
  • Like 3

Neil C

Wow that 4 years sure has gone quick. All the best with where you end up. Are you planning on digging and potting any of them?

Regards Neil

• Like 1

Tyrone
11 hours ago, Daryl said:

And so it ends again!

Well...best laid plans don't always work out, and due to other circumstances I have had to sell up and it's now time to move on again...let's see where I end up!  The garden will be exactly 4 years old this Christmas,

I'll add a few photos over the coming days which will be the finished project for me, and who knows how the garden will morph over the coming years. Hopefully the new owners will continue the theme and  not change it too much...but it's not really my place to tell them what to do LOL.

One of my coconuts and a Veitchia joannis in the late afternoon sun...

DSC_5816.thumb.jpg.16fdcfff9cac77d21f560a322b5e8723.jpg

A young Bizzie one day will make a bold statement in the street (I hope)

DSC_5757.thumb.jpg.e60c4a2b5533fcb26c47a2192bf345e3.jpg

Parajubaea torallyi and Beccariophoenix alfredii seem to be enjoying the growing conditions here, even if we have had a few dry years.

DSC_5786.thumb.jpg.6b616c061260adac48d9c6f831ae4c9f.jpg

All the best with your move Daryl. Are you heading further north? I’m sure you’ll start another awesome garden at your new place.

Daryl
22 hours ago, Tyrone said:

All the best with your move Daryl. Are you heading further north? I’m sure you’ll start another awesome garden at your new place.

I'm not sure yet Ty....I would love to move north but work is a factor. Plus I have my kids and friends here on the GC....however, real estate is crazy here and I think my chances of buying into this market by myself are pretty slim, unfortunately.

Daryl

A few more photos...

DSC_5854.thumb.jpg.9146329e38b9ab452bfeba5ebfe8a2be.jpg

DSC_5743.thumb.jpg.e0b141257f7ca399665fdb8215e73879.jpg

DSC_5740.thumb.jpg.948c936b22660f000453d6427ddaf39b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Daryl

Dictyospermas

DSC_5870.thumb.jpg.c8f41f95cdfcba2a0c68b114cfc18d2e.jpg

DSC_5895.thumb.jpg.daf39dca6c6a617b68a46d4cd43c8dd4.jpg

• Upvote 1

Tyrone
2 hours ago, Daryl said:

I'm not sure yet Ty....I would love to move north but work is a factor. Plus I have my kids and friends here on the GC....however, real estate is crazy here and I think my chances of buying into this market by myself are pretty slim, unfortunately.

I hope you find something suitable that ticks all the boxes and gives you the ability to continue gardening the way you want.

Life can throw curve balls at us at times.