Sign in to follow this  
PalmTreeDude

Curved Royal Palm Trunk?

PalmTreeDude

I am dying to know if anyone has ever seen a royal palm with a noticeably curved trunk. Has anyone? They always seem to be so straight upward, in some cases with the slightest curve, as far as I seen. Anyone ever seen one with a curved trunk? If so, pictures?

Zeeth
36 minutes ago, PalmTreeDude said:

I am dying to know if anyone has ever seen a royal palm with a noticeably curved trunk. Has anyone? They always seem to be so straight upward, in some cases with the slightest curve, as far as I seen. Anyone ever seen one with a curved trunk? If so, pictures?

IMG_5194.thumb.JPG.be97a80377a1031fba73c

• Upvote 2

DoomsDave
25 minutes ago, Zeeth said:

That has a noticeable curve, all right.

PalmTreeDude
19 hours ago, Zeeth said:

Woah! Thank you! Is this in their habitat in Florida? 

Danilopez89
23 hours ago, Zeeth said:

That's awesome! Nice curves :greenthumb:^_^

Edited by Danilopez89

RedRabbit

Someone has a triple planted here which necessitates a little bit of a curved trunk.

ArchontoAlex
3 minutes ago, RedRabbit said:

Someone has a triple planted here which necessitates a little bit of a curved trunk.

How big is it?

I've never seen a mature Royal triple

Zeeth

Triple royals can occur in the wild as well

IMG_6910.thumb.jpg.77004c89dbda3d0c20692

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Coasta
      By Coasta
      Hello all! So I planted my royal last year and at the time I thought it would have enough space. Currently the trunk is about 6 ft away from my home and 9 ft away from the neighbors. I also have two Mexican fans growing about 3 ft behind the brick wall.. My question is, will I run into any issues with the fronds dropping and will the mexican fans move away from the royal if the fronds get larger? 
      Thank you!

• Yunder Wækraus
      By Yunder Wækraus
      At minute 13:43 there appears to be the fallen fronds of a royal palm. I saw nothing like that throughout the gentleman’s walk through the swamp until that point. Does anyone have any idea where this might be?

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Hello everyone, I was looking at an app called iNaturalist, which is an app that lets you post and look at observations of plants and animals around the world, and I typed in Cocos nucifera and found this post in northern Morocco by the Mediterranean Sea. Does anyone know any information about this? I thought that it would be too cool in the winter for them there. 

• Pop Pop
      By Pop Pop
      I have a 4' palm, I think it may be a single trunk Robelini, but not sure. About 9 months ago we moved it from the soil in a construction zone to the front of our home into a large pot with holes in the bottom. The little tree thrived for many months. Then about 45 days ago I got tired of the curved trunk and built a brace to gently straighten the trunk. Within the past two weeks, branches are dying one by one. Did I kill the tree with the brace, is it the pot, what is going on with the tree? please help. 
      Thank you
      Brad Krause

• rhallford826
      By rhallford826
      Nice size 5 gallon Roystonea regia for sale, about 6-8 feet tall. Won’t have them for long, they’re about to go into 15’s.
      $50 each, pick up in Thousand Oaks, CA
      Text me if interested 805-813-3999
      Thanks for looking