IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Cuesta Linda, the estate of Jeffry and Christine Brusseau (PSSC Tour, Image Gallery)

Pando

The Palm Society of Southern California held its latest meeting on September 17, 2016 at the estate of Jeff and Christine Brusseau in Vista, California. This stunning 2 acre property is filled with over 2000 different species of plants, all of them receiving constant care and meticulous attention.

Below are some photos I took on that special day. I am very grateful to Mr. Brusseau in permitting me to post these images here for all of you to enjoy.

-------------------

dzBIYVf.jpg

DEJD3VP.jpg

JksFPXa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Lunch
R8u8N15.jpg

Looking back as I was leaving - I don't know whose car that was but it complemented the colors perfectly.
bcimRGP.jpg

...now, are you ready for the gallery? :yay:
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

DHxgHpm.jpg

tCn4aEj.jpg

All the pictures above were taken from outside the property!

...and now let's see what's inside the gates:

Edited by Pando
  • Upvote 7

And this concludes the gallery for now, but there may be more coming later as I go through the photos I took.

Again, these pictures were posted WITH PERMISSION. A very special thanks to Jeff for allowing me to post the pictures here.

• Upvote 5

Youve smashed it once again Pando/  Ando , Spectacular shots, all of em, well done.:greenthumb::greenthumb:

Beautiful gardens Mr and Mrs Brusseau :wub:

The Orange Dodge ( I assume) sets off the Blanchettiana's very well :)       Pete 

bcimRGP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

OMG, seeing all these wonderful pictures after wake up, what a way of starting a good day! thanks.

Pando, are you a professional photographer ?
Again I think this would make a wonderful book in a "palm garden" collection. you have 5 continents in which gardens are waiting for you. 

• Upvote 2

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka

2 hours ago, Pedro 65 said:

Youve smashed it once again Pando/  Ando , Spectacular shots, all of em, well done.:greenthumb::greenthumb:

Beautiful gardens Mr and Mrs Brusseau :wub:

The Orange Dodge ( I assume) sets off the Blanchettiana's very well :)       Pete 

bcimRGP.jpg

Good try Pete... The most entertaining part is the Pontiac GTO is owned by Brenda GEIGER.... yes, car girl, married to plant guy Len...lol

FANTASTIC PICS AND GARDEN!!!!

• Upvote 4

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

15 minutes ago, BS Man about Palms said:

Good try Pete... The most entertaining part is the Pontiac GTO is owned by Brenda GEIGER.... yes, car girl, married to plant guy Len...lol

FANTASTIC PICS AND GARDEN!!!!

Its a "Beast" to say the least :wub: Len, your wife Brenda must gets some looks driving that.....no ? marks needed..

Thanks for the heads up Bill. ;)      Pete

Edit..I looked it up, so its a 1969 GTO then ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pedro 65 said:

Its a "Beast" to say the least :wub: Len, your wife Brenda must gets some looks driving that.....no ? marks needed..

Thanks for the heads up Bill. ;)      Pete

Edit..I looked it up, so its a 1969 GTO then ?

All good Bill, I think Im  3 yrs too late, so its a 66 GTO  ??.:wub: Nah, she 's a 69er :) 

Lovely positioning Brenda.:greenthumb::greenthumb:

Pete

Sorry, Ando but blame it on Len for getting Brenda to park right out front :) 

• $60,000*

1969 PONTIAC GTO
    Original GTO Judge, RHD, rebuilt ram air 4 motor . rebuilt turbo 400 automatic, rebuilt 12 bolt limited slip diff. Spare original ram air 3 motor. Minor damage, new bonnet to be fitted, interior good.
    •  
      36,468 MILES
    •  
      V8 CYL

• Upvote 2

Thanks to Pando for the pictures, and Mr. Rare for hosting the event that made them possible.

You can always go see a nice garden. But doesn't an outing with like-minded friends increase the joys exponentially? I think it does. That happy vibe still reverberates, and re-reverberates every time I see the pictures.

Thanks to all the PSSC members who came. And, another salute to Larry Black, not a Palm Talker, who also had a major hand in making this possible. And to the volunteers who assisted in many large and small ways, including providing tours (Len, Jeff, Bill) and Casey at the gate all day, and the donors for the auction.

• Upvote 2

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Great shots! Seems like I'm back at the meeting! I had a good time at this one. Thanks Jeff for allowing us to have this tour of that fantastic garden. 

1 hour ago, Jdiaz31089 said:

Dear god! What bright orange brom is that by the front driveway?

Great photos! and amazing garden!

Aechmea blanchetiana

17 minutes ago, Monòver said:
1 hour ago, Jdiaz31089 said:

Dear god! What bright orange brom is that by the front driveway?

Aechmea blanchetiana

:floor:    it's "The Judge"!

This is hilarious. Len's private shuttle (nice ride btw, I had no idea, lol) gets more comments than Jeff's garden. C'mon folks, this is Palmtalk :lol: 

But thanks everyone, I'm glad you like the photos :)

Edited by Pando
  • Upvote 3