2sjlN1G.jpg

..and that's all folks! Out of breath?  :lol:
Edited by Pando
  • Upvote 5

doranakandawatta

..and that's all folks!  :lol:

OMG!

Wonderful !

Printed, these photographs could make a wonderful Palm book, which we would enjoy reading slowly slowly...

Here on the Forum, it will take days to enjoy each of them. Thanks

• Upvote 4

realarch

Wow, a BIG wow! Almost speechless. Those Copernicia are spectacular along with most every other palm.

Tim

• Upvote 2

Pedro 65

Pando the professional photographer,...Very pristine, crisp shots...:greenthumb::greenthumb:

Len, stand proud man, what a spectacular garden you've created :o

Looks like a great place to "Party hard"  :D    Pete

Party hard

Music Dictionary Australian Slang
party enthusiastically and for the duration of the party
  • Upvote 2

realarch

Oh Yes, I also meant to say Pando.....you've got some serious photography skills!

Tim

• Upvote 1

Hammer

The photos you took did the garden justice.  The garden returned the favor and really shows off your master photographic skills. 

The intensity of the colors in your photos is spot on.  The textures, the forms, the contrasts....Incredibly well done Len and we'll documented Pando!!!

• Upvote 2

Jim in Los Altos

I think if I suddenly woke up in Len's garden, I would think I died and went to Heaven! The house and garden are stunning and the palm collection tops. I like everything about it. 

• Upvote 4

annafl

Amazingly beautiful garden, and beautiful photos!

• Upvote 1

DoomsDave

Nothing tops those Pando-Ramas! :drool:

• Upvote 2

Palm Tree Jim

Incredible pictures Pando......and the garden never disappoints Len!

• Upvote 3

Chris Chance

Great shots! Len's place is so impressive! 

• Upvote 2

quaman58

This garden is one of the nicest I've ever seen; Len's got an artistic vision of how things will look as they grow up. This, imo, is much more important than simply planting as many rare things as one can find. Color, texture & rarity are in near perfect balance. Great pictures of a great garden.

• Upvote 4

LJG

Dang Ando, now I see what you meant when you said your shooting finger has carpal tunnel now. I can't imagine how long it took you to do all this. With all these shots no one will ever want to visit in person :)

Ando has a great eye for photography. He was good at hiding blemishes and open areas where I have dirt. You should be doing this full time. 

• Upvote 2

doranakandawatta

I would think I died and went to Heaven!

So I understand Len is living in Heaven, how to come and visit then?

dmc

Amazing pics! nice place you got there. 

Dominic

• Upvote 1

Pando
52 minutes ago, LJG said:

Dang Ando, now I see what you meant when you said your shooting finger has carpal tunnel now. I can't imagine how long it took you to do all this. With all these shots no one will ever want to visit in person :)

Ando has a great eye for photography. He was good at hiding blemishes and open areas where I have dirt. You should be doing this full time. 

Thanks Len. It gave me a chuckle when I saw the "training area" you had set up for the kids with a couple of washy seedlings in the sandbox  :floor: (or was that for you?)... I didn't take a photo of it...

Just a perspective - I appreciate the compliments, but I'm just a guy with a cheap camera and an itchy shutter finger. It didn't take me that long, a few hours to do minor adjustments (no crop) and post here. I'm no professional and have no intent on being one, but I'm very happy to be given an opportunity to visit some fantastic places. 

Len, it took you more than a decade of incredibly hard work and a fortune, starting from a dirt lot, to design, architect, construct, landscape, select and acquire all the rare plants, dig huge holes and crane in big heavy stuff (incl. all the rocks!), maintain the whole place to perfection, etc, etc, a task that I can't even fathom. You have a fantastic eye for landscape layout and design, and from the images it shows that everything looks good at just about any angle. And you're not even done yet, just getting to the fun part when you are starting to get a canopy. The best thing is that your garden will only get better, much better. It's an epic place, and it looks different every hour of the day with different lighting and over time with the growth rates you get.

Edited by Pando
  • Upvote 3

DoomsDave
59 minutes ago, LJG said:

I think the visitors will stand salivating outside your garden gate.

Pando's pics came as close as pictures can to getting the place.

• Upvote 2

Silas_Sancona

Agree with Pando, hats off to such a spectacular accomplishment Len.. Really like how the Pool just slips into the rest of the landscape. As mentioned, i can only imagine all the time and effort that has.. and likely will continue to go into this landscape. Agree with Dave that seeing the photos would only spur more people desiring the opportunity to see the garden up close.

As for our Photographer here.. hats off to you as well Pando. Having spent 3 of 4 years in photography in High school, + additional years working in the industry, ..and half a lifetime tooling around with the snapper myself, you know  when someone has "the eye" when you view photos.. While i can understand just enjoying the hobby, i also can see a casual, side- business opportunity.  Must say, among all the favorite shots, there is one that includes the glimpse of a mysterious pair of red shoes that stands out.

• Upvote 3