IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Part II - Free Archontophoenix tuckeri seed

DoomsDave

7 hours ago, Hammer said:

DD, are these pretty tough with respect to crown rot?  I have been pretty lazywhen it comes to getting water all over the ones I have.  Wondering it I should be more careful. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry. They're rainforest palms, and I water all my babies overhead. Regular showers suit them fine!

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

1 hour ago, DoomsDave said:

I wouldn't worry. They're rainforest palms, and I water all my babies overhead. Regular showers suit them fine!

Thanks

Not arrived in Malta as yet, but they have to make their way to Sicily then come over by carrier pigeon... :D

Malta - USDA Zone 11a

37 minutes ago, SouthSeaNate said:

Not arrived in Malta as yet, but they have to make their way to Sicily then come over by carrier pigeon... :D

Hmm.

Sometimes it does take a while.

Let me know

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

On 10/14/2016, 4:50:39, SouthSeaNate said:
2 hours ago, Zifool said:

yep same here maybe Dave is overbook :(

15 hours ago, kirkhutch said:
On 10/15/2016, 12:40:28, southpacific73 said:

No seeds as of yet here also

No seed here. 

Everyone, re-send me your addresses and I'll mail out new envelopes. I have plenty for all.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Everyone, re-send me your addresses and I'll mail out new envelopes. I have plenty for all.

DD - fyi, when mine showed up I needed to pay for postage.  It was only a couple of bucks, but the original postage was insufficient.  I wonder if that's played an issue.

• Upvote 2

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

11 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

DD - fyi, when mine showed up I needed to pay for postage.  It was only a couple of bucks, but the original postage was insufficient.  I wonder if that's played an issue.

I'm sure it has.

Fewer seeds per envelope - anyone have a postal scale?

Dear Dave,

Your Brahea seeds came to me within 10 days (central europe - czech rep.)

Archie seeds dont came after 3 weeks :-(

Mail here can sometimes take weeks to arrive, or never arrive at all, yet usually things sent from the UK arrive here within 2 days! Very odd...

Don't worry Dave, they may still turn up here :greenthumb:

• Upvote 1

Malta - USDA Zone 11a

Same here. Not arrived in Holland yet. 

Brahea seeds came as well after a very long time, so maybe they are still on the way. 

Southwest

15 hours ago, Flounder said:

Opened the post box today to be greeted with the brown envelope of wonder:yay:

X 2!:yay::yay:

scream!

Glad you got them!

Any postage due?

Bought a postage meter today, so I'll have a better idea what they weigh

Some of those envelopes had a LOT of seed, I suspect weight might be a problem for some of you.

I have so many seed it's a crime

My cup runneth over . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2_VrjwctA

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

scream!

Glad you got them!

Any postage due?

All tickety boo. Royal Mail hasn't tried to fleece me:D

Thanks Dave!!! I received mine today... well technically they arrived a few days ago, but I owed a few bucks to the postman, so I had to go to the post office to pick it up. No worries -- I really appreciate the generosity!!! The envelope held up much better than the one for the Chamaedorea seeds.

Happy growing to you! I plan to make a visit on my way to work in Whittier one of these days. I owe you lunch for your generosity.

• 4 weeks later...

If you still don't have seeds, let me know and I'll send more.

THey've been re-mailed to Cikas and Kirkhutch

If you end up with more, then share the babies with all who'll take them. Spread the palmy love!

Many turckerii coming up here DD...how long have mine been here, a month?  I love Archontophoenix...

• Upvote 1

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

On 27 November 2016 at 12:24:14 PM, DoomsDave said:

THey've been re-mailed to Cikas and Kirkhutch

If you end up with more, then share the babies with all who'll take them. Spread the palmy love!

Dave , I have not recived any seeds from you I am afraid they have confiscated them at custom :( 

58 minutes ago, Mohsen said:

Dave , I have not recived any seeds from you I am afraid they have confiscated them at custom :( 

I'll try again. It's not like it's a foreign invasive species!

• Upvote 2

On Sun Nov 27 2016 02:24:14 GMT+0100, DoomsDave said:

Mine never arrived either and I doubt they will anymore now. I wonder what happened to them - if things get stuck in German customs, you usually get a notice that your delivery has been detained and why.

Dave, I will re-PM you my address for the next round of seed shipping. Thank you again, I really admire your persistence in spreading palm love. 

I mailed a bunch of envelopes today.

Everyone:

The seeds weren't cleaned. The dried fruit makes them float. They're fertile as the Devil's workshop, the Children of the Corn, whatever.

PLant them in community pots, water and wait. Your cup will runneth over.

If not, ask, and I'll send more.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the seeds two days ago. Two envelopes. I hope that I will have better luck with germination this time. Thanks Dave!

7 minutes ago, Cikas said:

I got the seeds two days ago. Two envelopes. I hope that I will have better luck with germination this time. Thanks Dave!

Let me know.

There's more, if you want.

My seeds arrived today, just in time for Christmas!

Thanks so much Dave, the Santa of the IPS, Merry Christmas :D

Malta - USDA Zone 11a

• 1 month later...

If you want more seed, ask.

I've still got a lot.

57 minutes ago, Ilovepalm said:

@DoomsDave Have you seeds lipstick palm?

That's one I don't have.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Phoenikakias said:

Do you have any Lodoicea seeds (podex botanicus)? If not, I could be happy also with a fistful of tuckeri seeds.

Shoot me a PM.

Keep in mind that these are tender, alas.