• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      So I have some Leucothrinax morrisii seeds that are finally germinating and I have a few questions about them. First, are these remote germinaters? Also, how long does it take for them to root well into a pot so I can set them outside (when it starts warming up)? I like to put my seedlings outside as soon as a can but wind sometimes makes the newly potted up ones tilt sideways, and it turns into a constant battle of me carefully repositioning them. 
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      What are some palms with fat crownshafts (and trunks, I'm assuming)? I have seen some pictures of Rhopalostylis sapida with fat crownshafts as well as pictures of Dypsis decipiens. Are there any more palms that get large crownshafts? Any pictures? 
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      It appears that something ate the majority of my Serenoa repens seedling that I planted over the summer. Are there any animals that seem to particularly like eating palms, or is it likely that this was just a taste test? 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I love Archontophoenix palms, and I am sure many of you do too. I couldn't find an Archontophoenix specific thread, so I thought I'd make one in hopes of people showing off their Archontophoenix palms, any species! Here is my Archontophoenix cunninghamiana, which has been thriving for me indoors and outdoors (when its warm and sunny enough, like today). It's small, but is growing quickly. I am surprised at how much it seems to not care about being in cooler conditions. 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      So I remeber hearing someone say in a video that Immokalee does not have a good climate for more tender palms, I looked around on Google Maps on Streetview and saw these coconuts. Some look fine while others look horrible. I am kind of confused about this towns climate. Does it get a freeze every few years from being so far inland? What type of stuff would be the limit of what would survive there long term?