Sign in to follow this  
JT in Japan

Fertilizer Burn?

JT in Japan

I'm using a drip system with EZflo fertigator. My fertilizer is a good quality brand, which I premix in water before pouring it into the EZflo bottle. I have these potted washies on a 2G/hr drip emitter, and have been doing the same thing for about a year now, but maybe this time I used too much fertilizer? Thoughts?

JT

014.thumb.JPG.8d86ffe690ce05f687f1370feb 015.thumb.JPG.7f4e49c024d0993d2455a0d298

• Upvote 1

Chris Chance

It looks to me like you might have fungus judging by the spots on the leaves and the way they are opening. Do you see any scale on the leaves when you look closely? 

• Upvote 1

JT in Japan
23 hours ago, Chris Chance said:

It looks to me like you might have fungus judging by the spots on the leaves and the way they are opening. Do you see any scale on the leaves when you look closely? 

No scale visible theses days, but two winters ago this batch had a small scale attack and one of the washies was eaten alive. Had to sacrifice him to the fire. Maybe some remnant...?

jt

Chris Chance
8 minutes ago, JT in Japan said:

No scale visible theses days, but two winters ago this batch had a small scale attack and one of the washies was eaten alive. Had to sacrifice him to the fire. Maybe some remnant...?

jt

It's possible. Things like scale and fungus can sometimes come out of nowhere and really cause some damage. The look of that does remind me a lot of Diamond scale which is common in California especially around the coast where it tends to stay cooler. I'm not familiar with the fungus you have in your area but it wouldn't hurt to hit those up with some fungicide. 

• Upvote 1