SailorBold

Filifera Update 3.5 years old

Palmfarmer

Wow they look great. like the style of the house as well. Looks like a Andalucian house, but with a flat roof. 

What is the coldest they have endured? 

Edited by Palmfarmer

SailorBold
On 12/9/2020 at 8:09 AM, Palmfarmer said:

Wow they look great. like the style of the house as well. Looks like a Andalucian house, but with a flat roof. 

What is the coldest they have endured? 

Thank you..  still seeing how well they are gonna do.. overall I'm pleased- just worried at how big they are gonna get.  The lowest they have seen is 8.6f and 9f on two occasions during the winter of 2018... based from my weather underground weather station.

The house is ~ 50 years old...  I think it was marketed as a territorial... with the local Spanish influence.

Palmfarmer
On 9/26/2020 at 5:32 AM, Darek said:

Axel Amsterdam Filiferas in Europe differ from those in USA-California, Nevada, etc. Washington Filiferas in US grows in natural desert conditions, i.e. dry air and sun all year round, therefore they have more leaves, leaves are cut deeper, have shorter petioles and very thick trunks . In Europe, we have less sun and high air humidity, so the filifera looks a bit different - long petioles, more massive and less chopped leaves and thinner trunks. There are also fewer leaves

You mean the ones growing in Holland? big parts of Italy or Spain lets say are pretty close to their native climate and has just as much sunlight

Palmfarmer

Any updates?