IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PSSC MEETING AT JEFF BRUSSEAU'S GARDEN

DoomsDave

Everyone:

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Palm Society of Southern California will hold its September 17, 2016 meeting at the home and garden of Jeff Brusseau, aka "Mr. Rare."

The place: 1030 HEATHER DRIVE, VISTA, CA 92084.

This is a members only event; only PSSC members and their spouses will be admitted.

There will be a catered meal, and shuttle service.

The price is $35 per person until September 1, 2016; after which the price rises to $40 per person.

We strongly recommend reserving your spot today if you can.

Questions? PM DoomsDave!

We recommend you reserve sooner instead of later. If you're not a member, you can still join.

NOTE THAT PAYMENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE DOOR

Click here to sign up or for instructions: Brusseau Garden tour and catered lunch

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

2 hours ago, Pando said:

YEAH! 2 questions: (1) Can we take pictures? (2) Can we post said pictures on PT?

when have you ever asked permission to take pictures at  PSSC tours and post them ?

:o:rolleyes:

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

3 hours ago, Josh-O said:

when have you ever asked permission to take pictures at  PSSC tours and post them ?

:o:rolleyes:

Yes Josh, I have always asked the property owners if they would allow me to post the pictures taken on their private property on a public forum. It's simply the right thing to do. The property owners from the latest tours I've visited can attest to this.

The reason I asked my question(s) above was that I've read that there have been photography restrictions in place in that property in the past, and I'd rather not bring my camera if I can't use it. But it would in no way diminish my interest in visiting the garden.

Edited by Pando

Doubt Jeff will care. Never has before. Glad he opened up his garden and is he is using it as a memebership drive. 

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

So, sign up! Soon.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

15 hours ago, LJG said:

Doubt Jeff will care. Never has before. Glad he opened up his garden and is he is using it as a memebership drive. 

Thanks Len, that's good to hear. I don't know where the PT post(s) was (were) that gave me that impression, but it's impossible to find now. I'm glad that's not the case, and I'm looking forward to the visit.

Edited by Pando

10 hours ago, Pando said:

Thanks Len, that's good to hear. I don't know where the PT post(s) was (were) that gave me that impression, but it's impossible to find now. I'm glad that's not the case, and I'm looking forward to the visit.

I'm also looking forward to your amazing pictures.:greenthumb:

Sunset zone 24

Don't delay, sign up today!

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Note that payments, etc., will need to be made in advance, not at the door.

• 2 weeks later...

Just registered. B)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

10 - 4

That is, 10 a.m. till 4 in the afternoon . . .

I just signed up.

Worst case scenario if I can't attend I will contact Dave via private message to order one less meal and consider my ticket cost a donation to a good cause.

However I do hope to be there!

• Upvote 1

Cindy Adair

5 hours ago, Cindy Adair said:

I just signed up.

Worst case scenario if I can't attend I will contact Dave via private message to order one less meal and consider my ticket cost a donation to a good cause.

However I do hope to be there!

:greenthumb:B)

There are a few people who just don't want to believe anything unless you show them a picture.

57a910b01c5bb_jeff1.thumb.jpg.d32008beb957a910c6b08b7_jeff2.thumb.jpg.1beec89ff6

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Fallbrook Jason said:

Signed up today. Should be a great meeting! 

With you there it'll be even better!

Come on, everyone, there's still room.

Those pictures don't come close to doing The Brusseau justice!

Thanks to frequent flyer miles, round trip airfare $27 from PR.

I'll be there and hope to see a crowd! 

• Upvote 1

Cindy Adair

There will be a screaming mob!

Who else will be there?

I've taking money left and right.

This is a real [expletive] screamer of a garden and tour.

On 8/29/2016, 7:47:19, nachocarl said:

Signed up for PSSC and the tour this AM.  Looking forward to my first one.

bout time sucka!

now we can carpool to the meetings.

Sunset zone 24

On 8/29/2016, 4:18:59, Hammer said:

I will be there. Went old school and mailed my check on Friday. 

sweet!

Sunset zone 24

On August 16, 2016 at 10:07:34 AM, Cindy Adair said:

Thanks to frequent flyer miles, round trip airfare $27 from PR.

I'll be there and hope to see a crowd! 

I am very sorry to say I will not get to California at all this month due to a death in my family. Consider my payment a donation to the club. I will also PM Dave so he does not order an unneeded meal.

Thanks to each and everyone who invited me to visit them! I very much appreciate your many offers of hospitality and hope to reschedule in the near future.

Cindy Adair

We will miss you!

Get here when you can, and we'll enjoy it then!

Condolences and sympathies from all of us!

Sorry to hear that Cindy... Look forward to the next time we meet...

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

On 9/4/2016, 6:37:03, Cindy Adair said:

I am very sorry to say I will not get to California at all this month due to a death in my family. Consider my payment a donation to the club. I will also PM Dave so he does not order an unneeded meal.

Thanks to each and everyone who invited me to visit them! I very much appreciate your many offers of hospitality and hope to reschedule in the near future.

Cindy,

I very sad to here about the loss in your family. I'll be praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

Sunset zone 24

On 9/4/2016, 6:37:03, Cindy Adair said:

You will be missed Cindy.....and I am sorry for your loss.

If you're a PSSC member and still want to sign up, you still can (cut off date is Sept. 15)!

145 people signed up.

Just now, DoomsDave said:

145 people signed up.

Sweet! I can't wait to see this one. My girl was going to come too but last minute things came up so she won't make it but still will be great to see everyone there.

It'll be a party!

There will be a plant auction!

We'll take cash, checks and credit cards!

Thanks to all so signed up!

2 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

145 people signed up.

whoa!!!

you better find some good tour guides to keep the crowds moving along :)

Sunset zone 24

46 minutes ago, Josh-O said:

whoa!!!

you better find some good tour guides to keep the crowds moving along :)

And some good people at the door to keep the ruffians out . . . . :) 

Just now, DoomsDave said:

And some good people at the door to keep the ruffians out . . . . :) 

damm ruffians..lol

Sunset zone 24