IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Now that the Bizzie is over 25' people's eyes are popping out

trioderob

Here is a picture of mine that I purchased and planted today.  I have been thinking about trying another one and got inspired with this thread.   The second is a nice trunking male in the Santa Barbara area taken today.

Bizzy2.jpg

MaleBizzy.jpg

• Upvote 4

Bizzies are best suited for the hot deserts...

Here's one with a flowering nonnorrhops in front of it. 

IMG_20160710_57126.thumb.jpg.9443bb5397a

I also have one that I planted in Dec 2012 with 25' of trunk but its too dark outside already for me to be able to get a decent pic. :mrlooney:

• Upvote 3

Dear Dave,

Fantastic visual,all my fav palms in it !  :P

Dear Trevor Klat, Beautiful visual and great garden landscaping..:greenthumb:

Love,

Kris.

BTW.This thread is becoming better and better with stunning visuals of our loved one.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

This is Paul Denton (Paulgila), before his Bizzie a while back.

I suspect it's got a bit more trunk by now.

Member Paul Denton and his magnificent Bismarckia nobilis in San Diego.

• Upvote 2

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Rob's Neighbors

2016-07-11 08.26.38.jpg

• Upvote 6

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

9 hours ago, Danilopez89 said:

I also have one that I planted in Dec 2012 with 25' of trunk but its too dark outside already for me to be able to get a decent pic. :mrlooney:

All those palms look great!

Is that regia as well?

Rob's neighbours are encouragable. Its clear they are our type Palm nuts.

Btw. David it took a while to contain my laughter..thats a good one.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

2 hours ago, Alicehunter2000 said:

Rob's Neighbors

2016-07-11 08.26.38.jpg

They're here!

The Marty Feldmans!

Run for your lives!

• Upvote 1

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

3 hours ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

All those palms look great!

Is that regia as well?

Yes it's a royal palm and I'm pretty sure it's a regia although the tag says it's a "Roystonea Hispaniola" - Royal palm of Haiti. 

13 hours ago, Danilopez89 said:

Is that Allen Valley or the other guy?

40 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

Is that Allen Valley or the other guy?

That's Allan Valley's front yard.

On 7/10/2016, 10:32:46, Tracy said:

I guess there is a certain liability factor to any of the large palms when they get big and fronds drop.  Perhaps you were referring to the aesthetic value of having it lower and more at a scale that is easily viewed though?

Aesthetic ... looks over pruning with the ages

Rio_Grande.gif

Dear Konstantinos Theodoropoulos,

Beautiful bizzy It has as nice colour.And I see cidp and a phoenix palm growing nearby. ..I like that garden very much.

Love,

Kris. 

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kris,

the spot of my Bizzie does not justice to it, as it is growing near a Phoenix porphyrocarpa, which has gigantic  leaves. So the poor Bizzie gives the impression of a dwarf palm.

• Upvote 1