Jump to content
Josh-O

a meteorite fell out of the sky and caused a HUGE crater like hole at the Vista garden

Recommended Posts

DoomsDave
3 minutes ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

I say pass on the palm and fill it with ice and beer!

 

Or, do that, then, when the party's over, plant the palm. The ice will melt.

Hmm. Maybe find a volunteer for the grave? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pando

You need a headstone, man. Carve a tiki for it!

"Rest In Mulch"

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pal Meir
14 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

Or, do that, then, when the party's over, plant the palm. The ice will melt.

Hmm. Maybe find a volunteer for the grave? :P

If it will be filled with beer the place could be reserved for me … :innocent:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pal Meir
2 minutes ago, Pando said:

You need a headstone, man. Carve a tiki for it!

"Rest In Mulch"

… or »Rest in Beer« ……… :asleep:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alicehunter2000

Jube!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cindy Adair

The Jubea would inspire me to create such a place of honor among the choices for California.

It is one of the few palms I love that I don't think I could properly grow either in PR or Virginia. It is fun to guess and this thread made me smile!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
palmfriend

Funny thread!

The Jubea seems to be the hottest candidate so far, but is it really possible to remove/relocate 

a 50 year-old Jubea safely? In my imagination, it must be gigantic....

However, I am looking forward to the riddle's solution. 

best regards

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in Norcal

I know the answer but won't ruin it :D

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
7 hours ago, Pando said:

You need a headstone, man. Carve a tiki for it!

"Rest In Mulch"

 

awesome!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
7 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Or, do that, then, when the party's over, plant the palm. The ice will melt.

Hmm. Maybe find a volunteer for the grave? :P

Dave knows my weakness is beer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
1 hour ago, Ben in Norcal said:

I know the answer but won't ruin it :D

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
3 hours ago, Cindy Adair said:

The Jubea would inspire me to create such a place of honor among the choices for California.

It is one of the few palms I love that I don't think I could properly grow either in PR or Virginia. It is fun to guess and this thread made me smile!

drum roll please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
7 hours ago, Pal Meir said:

… or »Rest in Beer« ……… :asleep:

know were talking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
7 hours ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

I say pass on the palm and fill it with ice and beer!

 

hell ya!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

Ladies  and gentlemen I give you the newest member of the "Vista garden" family.

the answer is........

wait for it..

wait for it..

wait for it..

G) 50 yr old acoelorrhaphe wrightii

IMG_5392.JPG.13c6c2b5b7b3ed013a4ac616233IMG_5393.JPG.0717f1794cb0a22aefa58fa63cdIMG_5394.JPG.18c8e3f5ff66400a8cb0d1f3da8IMG_5395.JPG.526a0b8ea593ad75c543c811810IMG_5396.JPG.7f7a93b317aeaa8c9e7eface639the crane only fit by 6 inches through the gate. this palm almost didn't make it in the hole..

IMG_5398.JPG.a1c4d5b1ca98d0b6ae82b18e369

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cocoa Beach Jason

G

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cocoa Beach Jason

I swear I guessed G before I saw your post

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

IMG_5400.JPG.6fcc64fa4c5ddfb8c9be0084d6fIMG_5399.JPG.4ee35f7fd24019fb9ecd99ba42d 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

IMG_5403.JPG.026482a29a7a5e1cf2e5b32ef0a

IMG_5405.JPG.41b4a4e3688e24b3cf3331787ca what a glorious sight 

IMG_5404.JPG.58500091091848245ef47677c38it took 4 days to dig the mother Fer out of its old home. notice that part of the driveway is still attached and a 21/2 main line is still in the root ball

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

IMG_5406.JPG.0dc907066b9afab3cd8bff66195IMG_5408.JPG.ba3ac070f13f14f2aa3e91a5ea2IMG_5410.JPG.e80b81f25bce3d0096eee6913d0making its grand entrance down the pathway 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

IMG_5412.JPG.88a213e9992cf09e1199977d1a8

IMG_5416.JPG.54c516836ba942f2541ebfb6138that hole was 7L X 5W x 4D

IMG_5420.JPG.69c40865278e2c8813b0fdc2b9dBob dropped by (pogobob on palm talk)

IMG_5422.JPG.aeb6b22d1abb7a506a937a171cd Bob decide to cruise the pathways system while we were working our ASSES off.lol

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

IMG_5421.JPG.e349079c5d1e90ccac0cb4be8b6IMG_5424.JPG.22967eed43a58f8115bc3214fdaIMG_5423.JPG.d707c878e95e0ba6700ff158a32

  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DoomsDave

whoo-hoo

Now your place looks like a bank in Florida!

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

IMG_5427.JPG.4f15ef4255dd119e1d5b564aeb6IMG_5433.JPG.6f8841b8542ce3ea586cc87dd37IMG_5437.JPG.f00f21df108a8681200e80385a8 its 22' tall planted out height. we had to cut off over 5 main stalks to dig it out of the last garden. this was by far the toughest dig and planting to date at my "Vista garden" botanical wonderland. thanks for playing along and for participating on this fun thread :) 

  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
9 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

whoo-hoo

Now your place looks like a bank in Florida!

soon to be a PSSC meeting place??

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
richnorm

Nice work! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
5 minutes ago, richnorm said:

Nice work! 

thanks Rich:greenthumb:

it was a very long day indeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BS Man about Palms

YAY! I got it right first! What do I win? :rolleyes:

Is it a personal tour on Monday?? ..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
1 minute ago, BS Man about Palms said:

YAY! I got it right first! What do I win? :rolleyes:

Is it a personal tour on Monday?? ..lol

a neeeeeeewwwwww caaaaarrrrrr!!

OK a tour will work.

are you going to come by this monday morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DoomsDave

I also guessed right, sort of.

Some day, this will be a STUPENDOUS PSSC meeting, with PogoBob next door, oh I wanna run screaming down the street, but it's time to go to bed for tomorrow's stupendous meeting.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monòver

:yay::yay::yay: AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Amazing!!!!! Where do you find this jewels??!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
palmfriend

Josh,

absolutely great and it looks really nice!

With all the driveway still attached it most have been heavy like a tank!:D(or almost)

It`s a beautfilul palm and I think it really fits in!

Thank`s for the funny day.

best regards

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris

Dear Josh.......Super ! :greenthumb:

Love,

Kris.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cindy Adair

It looks great! Totally the opposite of what I have mostly done.

You go to great lengths and work very hard to install gorgeous big palms. And like the newest Singapore Garden it shows!

I take a serrated trowel and dig a tiny hole for tiny palms. And then wait. And wait. And wait.

And plant more seeds in pots like I did yesterday. And wait some more.

Congratulations!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doranakandawatta
43 minutes ago, Cindy Adair said:

It looks great! Totally the opposite of what I have mostly done.

You go to great lengths and work very hard to install gorgeous big palms. And like the newest Singapore Garden it shows!

I take a serrated trowel and dig a tiny hole for tiny palms. And then wait. And wait. And wait.

And plant more seeds in pots like I did yesterday. And wait some more.

Congratulations!

Yes Cindy,

We both are impressed by this Gardens by the Bay, no need to go to Singapore anymore! 

and I too wait and wait and wait. Recently my tiny palms have been under heavy rain, we'll see how they did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yunder Wækraus
11 hours ago, palmfriend said:

Funny thread!

The Jubea seems to be the hottest candidate so far, but is it really possible to remove/relocate 

a 50 year-old Jubea safely? In my imagination, it must be gigantic....

However, I am looking forward to the riddle's solution. 

best regards

 

Sure can! https://vimeo.com/8924136

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yunder Wækraus
9 hours ago, Josh-O said:

IMG_5427.JPG.4f15ef4255dd119e1d5b564aeb6IMG_5433.JPG.6f8841b8542ce3ea586cc87dd37IMG_5437.JPG.f00f21df108a8681200e80385a8 its 22' tall planted out height. we had to cut off over 5 main stalks to dig it out of the last garden. this was by far the toughest dig and planting to date at my "Vista garden" botanical wonderland. thanks for playing along and for participating on this fun thread :) 

Fantastic!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nachocarl

Without a doubt A.:greenthumb:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nachocarl

Oops, that was weird.....didn't see the rest of the tread.  I think a queen would still be nice though.B)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palm Tree Jim

Very strong Josh!

:greenthumb:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...