IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Best place to grow palms ...

Exotic Life

What do you think after seeing this card? I'm here right at this moment already on 26,5C/79.7F and still rising!  :cool:

This card show the temps some earlier ... Spain and the south of France has our normal average tempeture's! Costa hollandia  :P Also dryness continues, i have got since March 23 no rain anymore ... between 16 and 23 march i have got a little and before that there was also a dry periode from almost 10 days. I have read some things that maybe april gonna completly dry... i know it's a long time to go .. but if that happends thats the first time in history ... And i looks like next week still also dry because new high pressure systems build up ...

144200714538.png

Southwest

Wow, we are having some needed rain right now. That looks great, hope it comes round the world to us.

Meteorologist and PhD student in Climate Science

Great graphic, Robbin  :D

Any idea why Spain/Italy/Morocco have been normal or cooler than normal?

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

Hey, that card says it was 18°C/64°F here, but it was 22°C/72°F at that time yesterday.  Mind you the same site that told me it was 22°C, also told me it was going to rain all morning and yet there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

(Palmy @ Apr. 14 2007,15:01)

Wow, we are having some needed rain right now. That looks great, hope it comes round the world to us.

Hi,

I don't know the reason from your reaction :) If you want some rain, you don't must to search in The Netherlands right now, the ground is hard and very dry en no rain is coming in the Weather forecast, maybe if the weatherconditions don't change, then we gonne get maybe a whole dry April ... So sorry i can't send you some rain  :P  :D

Robbin

Southwest

(happ @ Apr. 14 2007,22:33)

Great graphic, Robbin  :D

Any idea why Spain/Italy/Morocco have been normal or cooler than normal?

Why it's cooler? I don't know, the weather in Europe is not the same anymore since May 2006. In every country records broken... We have got a very mild winter, spain a little cooler then normal... Couple weeks ago snow in South europe, and we got nothing about this ...

Look only to the netherlands, since May 2006 almost every month was warmer then normal en end in the top 10 warmest month's. And don't forget the lot of month's that are the warmest ever, also this april looks like to go the warmest april ever, and maybe the dryest month ever ... Maybe are this the effect's from climate changing?

For now, i will see and i love the warm weather, next week we get a little cool off, but the last cards say at the end of the week we go up again... to very above normal average :)

IWhat i can tell you, that this heat is also becasue the ground is sooo dry ... al the heat from the sun turn directly into heat ... because there is no water in the ground ... That also helps to make it more warmer then it is...

Robbin

Southwest

Here we go again... The weater forecast say's for my place 28C-29C/82.4-84.2F... but we are already for lunch time over the 27C/80.6F ...

They say on local places, the tempeture can be rising to 30C/86F or maybe more! So if i look to my tempeture now, i think i'm get that 30C/86F ... And this is not normal for half Arpil, if you think normal average is 12,5C/54.5F.

Robbin

Southwest