• Similar Content

• Eric in Orlando
      By Eric in Orlando
      I came across this nice sized Corypha utan on Saturday. It is growing in Rockledge (just south of Cocoa) in a yard facing the western shore of the Indian River lagoon. It has some cold damage but I think more of the damage maybe from wind/salt spray from Hurricane Irma. There are Adonidia/Cocos/Hyophorbe/Veitchia nearby with minimal damage. A Livistona decora is to the right for scale.
    • Missi
      By Missi
      I hope @Hillizard doesn't mind me borrowing this photo of his for this post  He was at the Osher Rainforest exhibit in San Francisco when he took this photo. He was not able to get an i.d. at the exhibit. The photos were posted in @Jdiaz31089's palms of San Fran thread where I asked the palm's i.d. but there were no answers. Does anyone here know?
      Is it a Mauritia species? Is it Sabal mauritiiformis? It's certainly not a Corypha, right? 

• doranakandawatta
      By doranakandawatta
      In our intercontinental PRA last week ( see Ohana Nui subforum) in Peradeniya botanic gardens I noticed thanks to Ahamed this palm and wonder which species it can be? Corypha utan?
      Strangely I don't remember having seen this tree in the previous visits!

• Sabal Steve
      By Sabal Steve
      I haven't been able to find much on growing the more massive fan palms (mostly Borassus and Corypha) in Mediterranean climates.  Many know of the Corypha in Bird Rock, San Diego, but does anyone know of other attempts.  There's a big Borassus at the Zoo, and it's thriving.  Here's some updated pics.  I germinated a few C. utan in the Spring, and they are already pushing their fourth leaf.  Faster than all of my other seedlings.  Soon, I'll probably plant one.

• Kris
      By Kris
      Dear Friends,
      I welcome you all to another palm planting work,And this time its my favorite palm "Corypha Macropoda Palm". Like always we dug up the soil about 3feet
      x 3feet by 3feet depth since our garden soil is just clayey. All our palms had grown well in washed river sand.So this time we just filled the pit only with coarse grade sandy soil,little bit of coarse grade perlite,And some neem composite since i have here termite and fire ants problem.visuals of that work can be seen in following post.And i call this operation as "Operation Sandy".Once the palm stabilizes in its new home,we will feed it with nutrients.
      And my special thanks to my ranch hand,without who's help this entire work would not have been possible.
      Thanks and Love,
      Kris.