IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm planting work in a Park

Kris

Sabal River Side : Planting work.

20160317_104732_zpsvn6qccsi.jpg

20160317_104911_zpsvfmjsrrf.jpg

This palm seems to have a very aggressive root growth..

20160317_105109_zps1fyomm8g.jpg

20160317_105431_zpsw41yz3um.jpg

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Since this place is a park,where many Kids and ladies do visit.To add some colour to the greenery,we have
planted the desert rose (Adenium).

20160317_104837_zpszpctjwgo.jpg

20160317_111727_zpsoptjmjdc.jpg

20160317_112141_zpsggifdkdh.jpg

20160317R_111822R_zps6ibwdn4y.jpg

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Glad my seeds grew well for you. Once again, superb work!

• Upvote 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Thanks Meg.

Let me show you around this park..

There is a Clock tower which not only chimes but tell the hours & minutes in our language.And also quotes couplets from

Thirukkural(Poetry) written by Thiruvalluvar(a saint Poet).For more info on Thirukkural you can visit the link given below..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tirukku%E1%B9%9Ba%E1%B8%B7

And here is the still of that clock.

20160317_112605_zpsum8ur0ss.jpg

• Upvote 2

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Recently they have added 2 new toilets,made of stainless steel and it cleans itself on every use.i.e its mechanized and needs electric power to operate. these resemble more like the ones we seen in modern trains.guys are standing there reading instructions how to use and which button to press to open the door.

20160317_112419_zps4bnt0kez.jpg

• Upvote 2

love conquers all..

43278.gif

BTW. i forgot to mention that Corypha lecomtei palm that was planted here were raised from fresh seeds sent to me from our forum member Kom Thai Palm   .My sincere thanks to Dear Komkrit Yensirikul for those gift seeds.

Lots of love to you,

Kris.

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Great work! It's nice to see you have an opportunity to see you plant your palms in a public place where they'll grow and mature for years to come. The Thrinax radiata is an interesting one to see being planted. I bet that'll do very well in your location. 

• Upvote 1

Keith 

Palmetto, Florida (10a) and Tampa, Florida (9b/10a)

Thanks Dear Keith.

This week we planted one palm(Livistona Decora) and 2 other plants..

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Livistona Decora Palm : Palm planting work,They were raised from fresh seeds sent to me by Bro.M@x,Italy as gifts.My Spl thanks to you brother.

20160323_105645_zpsdb9jfmdz.jpg

20160323_105850_zpsa9crwlfe.jpg

20160323R_110206R_zpswbs83nvu.jpg

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I am impressed by the beautiful work you do. Gladly childrens in India know which plant is poison.

In Switzerland politicians believe children are stupid so we can't plant ornamental species which can be dangerous,

Google "Nerium in Geneva" or "lauriers roses à Genève" you'll see.
In your park you have Plumeria and Adenium, lovely!  :)

• Upvote 2

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka

Dear Philippe,

All kids are alike,but here the kids are mostly accompanied by their parents,elders or attenders..they are never left alone to do anything naughty ! :winkie:

Tomorrow i have planned to plant one  Arenga engleri and 2 Phoenix hybrids of (P.Reclinata x Dacty x Roebellini x Rupicola).

These were palms raised from fresh seeds sent to me by Bro.M@x,Italy.

20160325_131347.thumb.jpg.10ca4f70d0f14b

A close up of the same..

20160325_131401.thumb.jpg.5807190b2fbe77

Love,

Kris.

• Upvote 4

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, i am impressed about your work there. But could you elaborate about which conection do you have to the park? 

I am really looking forward to check some incoming updates on this thread, as the growth rate is supposed to be great overthere!

I also would like to see some updates of your palms, at your place ^_^:interesting:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kris said:

Dear Philippe,

All kids are alike,but here the kids are mostly accompanied by their parents,elders or attenders..they are never left alone to do anything naughty ! :winkie:

Tomorrow i have planned to plant one  Arenga engleri and 2 Phoenix hybrids of (P.Reclinata x Dacty x Roebellini x Rupicola).

These were palms raised from fresh seeds sent to me by Bro.M@x,Italy.

20160325_131347.thumb.jpg.10ca4f70d0f14b

A close up of the same..

20160325_131401.thumb.jpg.5807190b2fbe77

Love,

Kris.

Ignoring the risk of being repetitive and boring, keep planting spots of those hybrids remote from kids. Reclinata hybrids and generally Phoenix hybrids I fear are distinguished through formidable spines on petioles, really scary ones! Here' s an example, on the left regular reclinata spines, on the right hybrid reclinata spines

IMG_20160324_172537.thumb.jpg.80b0a40774IMG_20160324_172555.thumb.jpg.193f89a464IMG_20160324_172600.thumb.jpg.5728c4bcba

• Upvote 4

Dear Rafael will surely post stills of the progress these palms make. Dear Konstantinos thanks for your concern,And i have taken note of it. The planting that are being done is in a area where general public(children & Adults) are not allowed to enter.And its entry gate to this part of the park is locked.Since there are water motors, entire park and pathways lighting control switches and the gardener's store room,etc..And it also houses Dicot trees and grass lawn in this area. And watering the plants,cleaning the dried leaves(Maintenance Work) all takes place only during non visiting hours.i.e during that time the main gates to the park are closed.only during that time the lawn area gate is opened.Once my planting work is over even i will not be able to accesses this area.But could take stills from a distance using DSLR camera.But now all the stills are shot using my Mobile phone since iam very close to the object(Palms).

Thanks and Love,

Kris.

My only concern is they water the garden daily and they almost flood the area...my plants have decayed and in peak of summer when water is scarce they do not water at all..And i was told the water used is chlorinated.

I do not know wheather my palms could handle these extremes in watering ! :mellow: And the entire park is in semi shade area due to Dicot trees surrounding it.

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Your work is amazing, and your selflessness for donating all of those palms after all the work you have put into growing them is awesome.

I also like how healthy and big some of those palms got in recycled water bottles! I will definitely be checking back to see your updates.

• Upvote 1

Dear Josh Reichert thanks very much for those kind words of encouragement and it does mean a lot to me.

Now we shall see the visuals of today planting work..

Phoenix Hybrid(RxDxRxR) : Palm Planting work.

20160326_105209_zpsjhdf0etf.jpg

20160326_105308_zpsxm3bagt4.jpg

20160326_105504_zpsyamsaihn.jpg

Long Shot of that location..

20160326_105802_zpsdkuxjibl.jpg

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hi today i arranged a van to carry few palms that have out grown their barrel size...they were sent to be planted in this park.Here are few visuals of that activity.Though today being a sunday we were quite busy.

And my sincere thanks to the assistants without whom i could not have done this carrying and transportation work.Those palms were really heavy !

there were around 9 palms and they are :-

Sabal River Side.

Sabal ? while planting i wiil check its tag.

Butia (Hybrid)

Jubaea (Hybrid)

Corypha umbraculifera : Talipot Palm

Medemia argun : Nubian Desert Palm

Phoenix theophrasti

Bismarckia nobilis

Latania verschaffeltii : Yellow Lantan Palm

Here are the visuals the loading work at our residence.

20160403_131358_zpsyukfqvbd.jpg

20160403_131437_zpsddmwcnjh.jpg

• Upvote 2

love conquers all..

43278.gif

And now this still is from the Park area..

20160403_132517_zpsgbblel6p.jpg

And friends wish these palms good luck,since we are heading towards hot summers...which is usually Dry.

Lots of love,

Kris.

• Upvote 2

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Today we planted around 3 palms,they are :-

1) Butia x Jubaea (Hybrid Palm) Raised from seeds sent by Bro.M@x,Italy.

2) Jubaea x Butia (Hybrid Palm) Raised from seeds sent by Bro.M@x,Italy.

3) Sabal River Side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets see planting work of Butia Hybrid Palm :

BUTIA%20HY_01_zpswv9ynfny.jpg

BUTIA%20HY_1B_zpsb5asa7wo.jpg

BUTIA%20HY_02_zps6cpzzapx.jpg

Some Perlite was added to the dug up area..

BUTIA%20HY_03_zpsumbghbyr.jpg

Edited by Kris

love conquers all..

43278.gif