IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Summer already?

Exotic Life

Hi,

From tomorrow we gonna get a lot of heat! :) It's strange to see that we have so much heat already half April, we see more april that some day's rise to 20C/68F, but this April is just like the other months warmer then normal, and now we get a long periode from day's above the 20C/68F, and that we don't have that so much ...

Is this climate changing? Wo can tell me :) Look the weather forecast here under for me, this gonna be a very nice warm and sunny weekend!

Normal average

Day: 12,5C/53.6F

Night : 4C/39.2F

Thursday 12-04

Day: 21C/69.8F

Night: 6C/42.8F

Sunny and dry

Friday 13-04

Day: 24C/75.2F

Night: 10C/50F

Sunny and dry

Saturday 14-04

Day: 25C/77.8F

Night: 11C/51.8F

Sunny and dry

Sunday 15-04

Day: 27C/80.6F

Night: 12C/53.6F

Sunny and dry

Monday 16-04

Night: 11C/51.8F

Sunny and dry

Oke this looks like summer! But it still spring ... When we get the 30C/86F, the end of April or May maybe? It's go really fast with the tempeture's!

Robbin

Southwest

Robbin, that's incredible... Especially becuase your "Normal" Highs/Lows are lower than ours here are..  We should be (60/43) about now, and it's been 45/33 which is about 10-15f less then it should.

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

Summer Highs  : 85-90f/day,  68-75f / night

Winter Lows     : 38-45f/day,   25-35f / night

Extreme Low    : 10-20f/day,    0-10f / night   but VERY RARE

Bobby,

The Accuweather Bastard(i) is saying there may be a Nor'easter next week??????  Say it isn't so!

Ray

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Bobby,

The Accuweather Bastard(i) is saying there may be a Nor'easter next week???  Say it isn't so!

Ray

NO WAY!!!..   Ray, I just checked it out.... Holy S#%t.... It could be a mess..... but with temps in the mid 40's, it'll only be rain on Long Island.... Which we could really use anyway cause it's been so dry... I just wish it was a warm rain and not a cold one.

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

Summer Highs  : 85-90f/day,  68-75f / night

Winter Lows     : 38-45f/day,   25-35f / night

Extreme Low    : 10-20f/day,    0-10f / night   but VERY RARE

(BobbyinNY @ Apr. 11 2007,11:41)

Robbin, that's incredible... Especially becuase your "Normal" Highs/Lows are lower than ours here are..  We should be (60/43) about now, and it's been 45/33 which is about 10-15f less then it should.

Incredible, yeah it is... but i like it ... and it looks like the week after this week going to be also warm  again ... not so warm like the weekend but above the 20C... I will updated that in the end of the weekend ;)

But Bobby, is there a reason why Usa don't warm up ?

Robbin

Southwest

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

And "summer" don't want to stop! Last fryday the say maybe some little rain next week, but also that little rain have no change to survive. High pressure systems contined and new ones are coming ... Dryness contined, it's now almost for sure april will be rainless... Also sun and tempeture's still so above average ..

It looks like we have 2 seasons now, summer and autemm with dry and heat in summer and rain and storms in autemm ...

Look out the weather forecast for the next couple day's, cold netherlands? Netherlands isn't a cold country anymore :D

Normal average

Day: 14C/57.2F

Night: 5C/41F

Today 22-04

Day: 22C/71.6F

Night: 5C/41F

Sunny and dry!

Monday 23-04

Day: 22C/71.6F

Night: 8C/46.4F

Sunny and dry!

Tuesday 24-04

Night: 10C/50F

Sunny and dry!

Wednesday 25-04

Sunny and dry!

Thursday 26-04

Day: 23C/73.4F

Sunny and dry!

Friday 27-04

Day: 25C/77F

Sunny and dry!

Robbin

Southwest

Well summer is here at my place in a big way. Hit 93.4F today. Felt good, but sure could use rain.

Roger

Royal Palm Beach, FL.

USDA Zone 10A/10B Subtropical

26.7 degrees N. latitude

10 miles West of West Palm Beach and the ocean

Avg. yearly rainfall 58 inches

:cool:

Robbin,

I realize you are in Holland and those temperatures seem warm.  But, to me they look like freezing. The average night time low temperatures here are around 24 C.  

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

(amazondk @ Apr. 29 2007,09:46)

Robbin,

I realize you are in Holland and those temperatures seem warm.  But, to me they look like freezing. The average night time low temperatures here are around 24 C.  

dk

Hi,

I don't update this anymore, but the last tempeture's i give was a lot higher this week, this weke we have got everyday around the 27/28C :)  Today it's cooler around the 23C, and just like you say it was feeling cold!

Robbin

Southwest