Sign in to follow this  
mistifarang

Somebody able to ID this palm?

mistifarang

Can somebody give me an ID for this palm tree? Location: Thailand.

IMG_2290 fs.jpg

Sabal Steve

I think that you may have a "Spindle Palm" there - Hyophorbe verschaffeltii

mistifarang

Thanks very much Sabal Steve! I think that I know know where I saw this palm, tight surrended by other trees; that's why I wasn't able to make more photos. Location: a temple near Sukhumvit soi 77, Bangkok

Keith in SoJax
On February 29, 2016 at 12:05:56 AM, Sabal Steve said:

I think that you may have a "Spindle Palm" there - Hyophorbe verschaffeltii

I second that motion.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• climate change virginia
      By climate change virginia
      Hi is there a hardy alternative to bottle palms that can survive in zone 8a I don't care about the leaves the leaves can be pinnate palmate either one is fine. Thanks. 
    • The7thLegend
      By The7thLegend
      I'm trying to figure out what I have here, 2 young palms but maybe enough features now to narrow it down.  Any ideas?

Seedling #1 - Very lush green, aggressive root system, fast grower, looking like a Phoenix (maybe Canary or long shot rupicola) or I could be way off.

Seedling #2 - Green with blue hue, moderate grower that seems to be getting a little faster, originally thought blue minor but it's been growing an above grown trunk.

• Alex37
      By Alex37
      Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, I'm looking for butiagrus seeds (Butia x syagrus r.), I live in Italy, is there anyone who has them?
    • chocolatethunda
      By chocolatethunda
      Hi, hope everybody had a great weekend. Can anyone help me ID this palm, if I'm not mistaken it's a date palm but I don't know which one specifically. As you can see it sprouted a lot of seedlings of which I have luckily potted a few.

• Coasta
      By Coasta
      Hello all! 
      I have been taking care of my neighbors sago palm for the last two summers, watering it every day feeding it fertlizier every other month l, managanese, sulfur, a mix of palm tree food. This summer it looked promising and I thought it was going to flush.  Below is a picture from about 2 months ago and afterwards is a picture of today. I noticed it may have been buried a little deep so I took some of the dirt around it out. I go out and water every morning as the cycad doesn't get much water otherwise. Any help would be appreciated.