MikeL

Borneo Palms in Habitat

MikeL

Just a follow-up on the tattoos of the Iban and other peoples of Borneo: If you have time, I recommend visiting the Sarawak State Museum in Kuching. It's within walking distance of the biennial hotel. It has a lot of good information and exhibits about the traditional practices of Borneo and especially about how people lived in longhouses.

And, of course, it's a good place to learn about the practice of headhunting.

doranakandawatta

a good place to learn about the practice of headhunting

WOW, do you practice that art now?

BS Man about Palms

Wow Mike! For some inane reason, I just now finished looking at this thread! (Seeing you and Mary with Jeff and Sue for Jeffs B-Day prompted a look around)

I'm not completely sure what I would have done differently when I was in Borneo having finished prior (I started, but never got back to it) But the state museum would have been good... and possibly I may have gone on the pre-tour.

But I also want to Thank you and Mary for letting me tag along on the "Indian food adventure" we had in Singapore.... riding the subway, the little excursions looking for chocolate, etc. I love the mystery in a foreign land, to me a rookie traveler. :D Thanks again and hope to see you and Mary on a trip somewhere soon!

Bill

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Kim
      By Kim
      Click this link to read the July Newsletter.  

• Kim
      By Kim
      Hello and welcome to the IPS May 2016 Newsletter.  Click here to enjoy the issue.

• Kim
      By Kim
      Boosting awareness that REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE February 29, 2016.  Don't find yourself scrambling at the last minute, or worse, left out!
      You must pay in full when you register, and the 29th is the final day!  Make your plans now for this truly special IPS Biennial and register at:
      IPS home page
      If you are a member of one of the regional affiliate palm societies, be sure to take advantage of the current Affiliate Discount offer.
      Questions?  Post a question here!  We'll do our best to help.
      A little about the trip:  February IPS Newsletter
    • Kim
      By Kim
      In this issue, photos from Bako National Forest in Sarawak, "Should I Stay or Should I Go?", new palm stamps issued, and more.
      Follow this link:   http://online.flipbuilder.com/IPS/yunc/

• Kim
      By Kim
      I'm posting this in the main discussion forum to reach the broadest audience:
      IPS BIENNIAL 2016 REGISTRATION IS OPEN
      Registrations are coming in at a rapid clip for the Pre-Tour, Biennial, and Post-Tour.  Don't miss out!
      October 2015 IPS Newsletter
      Description and pricing, link to Registration page
      Anyone wishing to add information, photos, other discussion, please feel welcome. 
      Be aware this topic will eventually be moved to the Biennial section of the forum.