IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Wow pic of the day!

MattyB

One of my Chambeyronia went nutso in the sun this morning.  This is straight out the camera, no retouching.

IMG_0711.JPG

• Upvote 14

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

:yay::yay::yay: i love this winter red leaves.

In Summer my chamby is only red for a few days, but now in winter, we can enjoy red leaves for 3 weeks.

Red! My favorite color.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Looks great Matty!  Looks like its getting plenty of morning light, but nicely filtered from the mid-day sun due to its neighbors.  It's a gorgeous shade of red too!

33.0782 North -117.305 West  at 72 feet elevation

Great pic...thanks for sharing...I have an older Chamby but it only puts out muted red leaves.

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

2 hours ago, Monòver said:

:yay::yay::yay: i love this winter red leaves.

In Summer my chamby is only red for a few days, but now in winter, we can enjoy red leaves for 3 weeks.

Right on, although it is fairly warm today.  I need to get a couple of these in the new yard.

• Upvote 1

Carl

Vista, CA

That's a winner

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

2 hours ago, MattyB said:

One of my Chambeyronia went nutso in the sun this morning.  This is straight out the camera, no retouching.

IMG_0711.JPG

Nice pic Matty! What is the fat one to left, foxtail?

Carl

Vista, CA

1 hour ago, nachocarl said:

Nice pic Matty! What is the fat one to left, foxtail?

Yep fatty Foxtail on the left.  And Kentiopsis is the dark green crownshaft behind

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Red is the new red....

Nice Chambey Matty.

I miss all of mine...have to wait for my young ones to grow up ...

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

On 1/21/2016, 10:08:38, MattyB said:

IMG_0711.JPG

Hey Matty, I see now that its a foxtail to the left.  The Kentiopsis oliviformis behind looks great too with those well defined rings.  Still smiling after the surf this morning! 

33.0782 North -117.305 West  at 72 feet elevation

Yes Matty, that is nice.  Maybe I should think about moving back there.  I have a big tree here but doesn't get quite as bright a red as yours.

Hawaii Island (Big Island), leeward coast, 19 degrees N. latitude, south Kona mauka at approx. 380m (1,250 ft.) and about 1.6 km (1-mile) upslope from ocean.

No record of a hurricane passing over this island (yet!).  

Summer maximum rainfall - variable averaging 900-1150mm (35-45") - Perfect drainage on black volcanic rocky soil.  

Nice sunsets!

2 hours ago, Tracy said:

Hey Matty, I see now that its a foxtail to the left.  The Kentiopsis oliviformis behind looks great too with those well defined rings.  Still smiling after the surf this morning! 

Yeah, great seeing you in the water.  I had a blast today even with the ultra-high tide.  Cowabunga and palms dude!

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

20 hours ago, trioderob said:

why is the red such an intense color ?

It's just the lighting

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

40 minutes ago, Pando said:

The one he ate for salad?

I shudder to of what the picture of that would look like now.

Actually if you look in the far left corner of the red Chambyronia pic.  You can see the little pot bellied trunk hiding back there.