_Keith

Black Sphinx Date Palms Seeds

_Keith

20 each free to first 4 takers.   Already committed 20 or so to member in Croatia.   So, if you research Black Sphinx, it is either a mutant or a sport, so who knows what you'll get from the seed, if anything.   My poor seed skills are known the planet over.   Anyway, first 4 to speak up on this thread will get them for free.   If you are not satisfied, I will refund your money.

• Upvote 1

Zeeth

I'd be interested in trying some.

_Keith

Zeeth is in.  

40 down, 60 to go.

• Upvote 1

nitsua0895

I'd like to try some.

_Keith

Nitsua is in.   60 down, 40 to go.

Josh-O

I'll try some Keith

_Keith

Josh is in.  One more set of 20 left.

Josh-O
8 minutes ago, _Keith said:

Josh is in.  One more set of 20 left.

Thanks Keith :) 

The Silent Seed

I'd love the last 20 if you still have them. 

_Keith

If you are waiting on seeds, they are coming, work, mom in hospital, life, you know.   Haven't forgotten and seeds are still here.  Shooting to get them in them mail on Monday.

• Upvote 1

The Silent Seed

I'm sorry about your mother - hope she is / will be OK. That of course trumps all. 

iamjv

Keith,  hope you mom is doing better !    Didn't see this post in time but I'd like to be placed on the waiting list for the next batch of seeds.  BTW do you have any photos of the mother plant?   Would enjoy seeing the palm!   Thanks and all the best in the coming summer growing season !!!  Jv

Phoenikakias
4 hours ago, iamjv said:

Keith,  hope you mom is doing better !    Didn't see this post in time but I'd like to be placed on the waiting list for the next batch of seeds.  BTW do you have any photos of the mother plant?   Would enjoy seeing the palm!   Thanks and all the best in the coming summer growing season !!!  Jv

There is a whole commercial grove of them and there is also a web page of the University of Arizona including among other date varieties also the Black Sphinx...

Matt N- Dallas

In December I visited the black sphinx date grove in Phoenix.  The grove is a hip residential area now.  No date fruit or pollinated seeds to be found, only un-pollinated fruit.  I did find the dates for sale at Whole Foods nearby!  I bought a box ($8.99 for 12 oz), enjoyed the fruit, then planted the seed.  The trees are attractive with a neat story behind them. 

Phoenikakias
5 hours ago, Matt N- Dallas said:

In December I visited the black sphinx date grove in Phoenix.  The grove is a hip residential area now.  No date fruit or pollinated seeds to be found, only un-pollinated fruit.  I did find the dates for sale at Whole Foods nearby!  I bought a box ($8.99 for 12 oz), enjoyed the fruit, then planted the seed.  The trees are attractive with a neat story behind them. 

Were then do all those dates for sale come from?

The Silent Seed

Anywhere they are commercially grown. 

Matt N- Dallas

They were harvested before I got there.  

kirkhutch

any seeds left? I would love some!

The Silent Seed

I never did receive any back then - My guess is his family issues has put his plant playing aside. 

Hope all is OK, bud.