IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

MY OWN PALMS...

Mohsen

Mohsen I'm not sure if he has planted it yet.

He was very happy with it and has picked out a spot for it already. He really did like the history behind it.He has recently planted some Malay dwarf coconuts. You can see one in the background of the photo

i don't think there is any problem getting it to fruit there.

steve.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Palms4Steve said:

Mohsen I'm not sure if he has planted it yet.

He was very happy with it and has picked out a spot for it already. He really did like the history behind it.He has recently planted some Malay dwarf coconuts. You can see one in the background of the photo

i don't think there is any problem getting it to fruit there.

steve.

Thanks Steve

is he a member of PT...one day i will go there and take the address to visit  ;) 

7 hours ago, Mohsen said:

Thanks Steve

is he a member of PT...one day i will go there and take the address to visit  ;) 

No he is not a member of PT. He was a member of Tropical Garden Society of Sydney. 

He grows a lot of different tropical plants and palms. His garden is only a few years old. It will be stunning in a few years time.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/09/2015, 7:09:07, Mohsen said:

Re potting day : My small Kentia and Majesty Palms

ssssss.jpg

Update on my Ravenea rivularis: 

24 May 2017

after 20 months in ground from small pot I bought From Bunnings ....its now about 3m tall and the base get fatter ...I have given it water at any chance I had ...when do they trunking?

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

• Upvote 3

Wow, I'm jealous of how quick that has grown Mohsen. Sydney's natural rainfall helps a lot. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pip said:

Wow, I'm jealous of how quick that has grown Mohsen. Sydney's natural rainfall helps a lot. 

I also watered it a lot...

but I'm not sure about its long term future as i planted on a rock but covered with soul so it's not actual ground but I checked and it's very firm and roots grew very well but not sure how further it can continue unless it finds a good crack or sometime like that ...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 13 April 2017 at 8:11:50 AM, Palms4Steve said:

No he is not a member of PT. He was a member of Tropical Garden Society of Sydney. 

He grows a lot of different tropical plants and palms. His garden is only a few years old. It will be stunning in a few years time.

Hi Mohsen.

I just have received an update on your baby. It was planted a few days after he receiving it in a prime position and has since produced a new frond.It is looking happy. Hopfully he will send a photo soon.

Steve

• Upvote 1

On 21/06/2016, 5:56:00, Mohsen said:

also I update my new born son, Liam here as well so will keep him update time to time ;)

born on 8th June 2016 , 2,9 KG, 50cm length...

IMG_3653.JPG

liam.png

Can't believe Liam turns 1 this week , grow faster any of my palms...time really flies...:wub:

IMG_0654.JPG

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mohsen,

Here is a photo of your other baby as promised in its new home in Noosa. It's the one on the left, in front.

Regards Steve

Moshens baby 290617.jpg

• Upvote 4

On Tue Nov 03 2015 03:18:10 GMT+0100, Mohsen said:

I thought "Livistona chinensis" is very slow grower but this one grows noticeable as a houseplant :

first pic 2 month ago,  other 2 pics  now :

6-8-2015.jpg

IMG_3173.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

Mine is planted outside medium to full sun. The green is not as nice as yours. Loves water obviously. I find growth slow but leaves production high. Very narrow space between leaves. Pardon my lack of terminology....

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2017, 8:10:56, Palms4Steve said:

Hi Mohsen,

Here is a photo of your other baby as promised in its new home in Noosa. It's the one on the left, in front.

Regards Steve

Moshens baby 290617.jpg

Thanks Steve

Its great to see it in ground...I hope it will have enough space and also get enough full sun...in anyway, it  should be much happier than in pot ;)

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Mohsen said:

Thanks Steve

Its great to see it in ground...I hope it will have enough space and also get enough full sun...in anyway, it  should be much happier than in pot ;)

It will get plenty of sun. Looks like that photo was taken late in the afternoon so looks a bit shady. It's planted next to his driveway in a prime position. As you can see he has planted a few others as well. Some of them are the Malay dwarf. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

like the way you have used raised planter beds really helps too keep in the warmth to the soil in winter

• Upvote 1

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 21/09/2015, 10:29:36, Mohsen said:

my "Dypsis decaryi" , keep it as houseplant inside but will bring it out and eventually in ground:

DD.png

My D.Decaryi

moving forward slowly but surely ...

liam (17 month) for scale ...

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

• Upvote 4

On 21/09/2015, 10:29:36, Mohsen said:

my "Dypsis decaryi" , keep it as houseplant inside but will bring it out and eventually in grou

• 2 months later...

some update on my palms : 11/2/2018

1-  Wodyetia bifurcata :

its getting fatter and I can see some rings of trunk now :

fox1.thumb.JPG.eab8239f9d0e66618e29a28d8

fox2.thumb.JPG.7f84262abf9839a9bb4f19e0d

fox3.thumb.JPG.4d5c86297123707dc7bd3701c

was like this 2 years ago :

waIMG_4389.JPG

IMG_4388.JPG

IMG_4385.JPG

IMG_4382.JPG

• Upvote 2

2- the triple  Archontophoenix cunninghamiana  :

almost my fastest palms so far in less than 3 years from very small pot and now few rings of trunk :bang1.thumb.JPG.e8c7b8d4a09adefd8ef42052bang2.thumb.JPG.355b843057d64c0a111b6113bang3.thumb.JPG.44330fb133f16655a2845bbcBang4.thumb.JPG.a117c7cc6d799f57dbc6c4af

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mohsen,  I recently visited my friend in Noosa and checked out how your baby is doing.  Here's an updated photo :D

Cheers,

Steve

IMG_0073.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 8:34 PM, Mohsen said:

5- Beccariophoenix alfredii

I thought it might be faster here...

alfre1.thumb.JPG.e839ce87150bfadd3fc640d

was like this 2 years ago:

5a800de442d84_2yago.thumb.jpg.9b32cf45c7

update on my Beccariophoenix alfredii...it moves like a turtle but it moves :(

we have along winter ...the minimum was not as cold as last winter but its been long...

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

• 2 years later...
On 2/9/2016 at 10:43 PM, Mohsen said:

update Bizzie : 9-2-2016...

after 4 month it has 4 new frond...but I expect them become bigger each time but they are almost the same size so far...cant wait for the mature magnificent silvery fans...

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

final update before move from this property, 9-2-2022

will remove the ring before I say farewell ... it was wise I got the 2 pieces ring, the one piece was cheaper ;) 

b1.jpg.56e5bac470e98490407ed6fbe5d60c78.jpg

20220209_225612.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

have removed the concrete ring and create a new bigger one, also had the Bizzi trimmed so it is not in front of the new owners' ways so better chance of keeping it ( I hope) ..I think it has the few ring trunk beneath the old cut fronds...

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

• Upvote 1