IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

SELL SELL SELL ?

trioderob

----------------this thread is for entertainment purposes only ----------------

always consult with a licensed professional financial adviser before making an actual transaction

this is looking like the start of a bear market to me

could be totally wrong and we will know by end of Sept but be careful

we get big up days followed by drip drip drip drip down days

Dean- what do you think ?

is your legendary and rare "inflection point " coming to the general US equities markets soon ????

and the market takes a big dump - precisely as predicted - almost to the minute

- i outta here-

Edited by trioderob

wow-

I am getting some EXTREME fear indicators the likes of which I have never seen.

the means that folks are pooping their pants they are so scared of losing money.

this may all come to an EPIC conclusion very soon - the FED meets the 16 and 17th of this month -so we have one week.

look for an extreme move down if the Fed raises rates and a rocket move up if they dont.

neither way will give you much time- I am talking close to 10% moves in a few days

Edited by trioderob

looks like we are getting a "pop" from a oversold short term condition.

we might get a "hope" rally going into next weeks FED on the basis that they would not dare raise rates now with the trouble in China.

of course if they DO raise rates .........................you know what happens !

we are now at the moment of truth

very big move coming - we will break out of this consolidation based on feds decisions

big risk - big reward

Dean-

what say ye ?

Edited by trioderob

wow-

I am getting some EXTREME fear indicators the likes of which I have never seen.

the means that folks are pooping their pants they are so scared of losing money.

this may all come to an EPIC conclusion very soon - the FED meets the 16 and 17th of this month -so we have one week.

look for an extreme move down if the Fed raises rates and a rocket move up if they dont.

neither way will give you much time- I am talking close to 10% moves in a few days

ok - no fed hike.

my call is that the market will like it over the next 2 weeks even tho we were very volatile today

looking for a 10% up move

the Rut 2000 is where I am buying

"we will be older too"  - Triode

Edited by trioderob

• 1 month later...

26, 2015 photo provided by the Michigan State Police, a Ford Mustang is stopped on a roof of a house in Woodhull Township, Mich. State police say the driver had a medical problem and lost control of his car on Interstate 69 in Shiawassee County. (Michigan State Police via AP)

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think about oil prices?  Will tomorrow hit the bottom...

I've unlocked the secret to predicting "true" future oil prices :lol:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

On 10/28/2015, 6:37:50, DoomsDave said:

26, 2015 photo provided by the Michigan State Police, a Ford Mustang is stopped on a roof of a house in Woodhull Township, Mich. State police say the driver had a medical problem and lost control of his car on Interstate 69 in Shiawassee County. (Michigan State Police via AP)

Whoa!!!!

VIP parking?

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

On 11/8/2015, 5:27:55, Moose said:

I've unlocked the secret to predicting "true" future oil prices :lol:

:floor:

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

I'm buying CHK...will buy more @ $5.96....gonna hold it for awhile...maybe a couple of years

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

1 hour ago, trioderob said:

Dean talk to me man  - I know you are out there

Picked up some GPRO near the close today.

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Dean-

gopro is down 10% today - that's the problem with catching a falling knife

folks out there  - just because a stock crashes into the abyss does not mean you can just jump up and buy it.

if only it was that easy !

Edited by trioderob

2 hours ago, trioderob said:

Dean-

folks out there  - just because a stock crashes into the abyss does not mean you can just jump up and buy it.

That depends on the reason for the drop!  With the fear of interest hikes, I'm only going to go in when we actually see an upswing at open.  With all of this selling, there's a lot of cash out there to push stocks high fro a day or two.

Zone 7a/b Delaware

Unusual Plants

10 hours ago, trioderob said:

Dean-

That's why I took only a third of my position yesterday, and another third today. And if it goes down another 10%, I'll take my last third.

And you don't judge a trade after 24 hours. Let's see where GPRO is in a year. Looks like a great takeover candidate here for one of the big boys.

Kona, on The Big Island

I've got an order in for tomorrow morning for my last third, if it opens slightly lower still.

Then I'll put a stop in and wait and see. If it's a loss, I can use it to offset some gains in AAPL.

Kona, on The Big Island

Go pro might be down but it is one of the few today.. my only loser today is Marathon and I am thinking hard about dipping out of that recently.

3 hours ago, trioderob said:

GO PRO DOWN HUGE AGAIN !

- 8.0 %

Dean - that was a foolish trade

Risky - yes Foolish - ???

I remember some rather negative comments from you about AAPL when I got stopped out twice before catching the low as well. And while GPRO is no AAPL, time will tell. My gains on AAPL today were 3 times my losses on GPRO. So it was a good day, profit-wise. And I bought some more GPRO near the close. But I do have a tight stop on it now.

And yes, I could lose some money on the trade. But I'll try and keep the losses low, and let the winners run.

I am not like you. I can't pick winners every time.

Kona, on The Big Island

you cant pick winners ever time but the strategy of trading against the  current and against the trend is one of the basic "no-no" s

sometimes it seems that no matter what happened  - you claim your choice was the right one

this is not my rule in any way - it can be found in the most classic of stock advise / trading books

you are better off to trade up - paying more for each third then - doubling down

I know that my word is taken as hogwash here so I recommend folks pick up a few stock trading books- it will be in there

i outta here  - good luck

have fun

Edited by trioderob

• 2 weeks later...

Bought more CHK ...... it's a gamble....but unless it goes bankrupt....could be a big winner if oil/nat gas turns around in a couple of years.

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

14 hours ago, trioderob said:

go pro down into the absolute abyss 

How come you only mention moves when they are down. GPRO is the same price it was 10 days ago - the last time you said "down huge."

gpro.png

Kona, on The Big Island

2 hours ago, trioderob said:

Dude-

its down 4% again today - give me a break !

It almost seems like you enjoy pointing out when I lose money. Perhaps a bit of schadenfreude?

But don't worry. My gains in AAPL today more than cover for it.

Kona, on The Big Island

1 hour ago, Dypsisdean said:

It almost seems like you enjoy pointing out when I lose money. Perhaps a bit of schadenfreude?

But don't worry. My gains in AAPL today more than cover for it.

you can dish it out but cant take it - now you are eating crow

Yep - now I'm only up about 85% in 2 yrs. instead of 100%.

That's some tasty crow.

Kona, on The Big Island