Josh-O

Up and coming garden in Vista California / blank canvanas

Josh-O
On 11/16/2019 at 3:37 PM, Sandy Loam said:

Send us the website link! Looking forward to it.

Once the site is finished I will post it on palm talk. Still under construction :)

Josh-O
23 hours ago, Merlyn2220 said:

I built one big 4" raised bed in the backyard, and built it up with 75% sand and 25% topsoil mix.  I have about 50 agaves types in the ground, the only ones i have had problems with are a Nickelsiae, a Rum Runner and one called Durango Fandango.  Everything else does pretty well here, just everything is dead flat and boulders cost a lot per ton!!

Boulders are expensive even here in California. I'm blessed with the ones I have naturally occurring at the nursery.

• Upvote 1

Butch
13 hours ago, Josh-O said:

Boulders are expensive even here in California. I'm blessed with the ones I have naturally occurring at the nursery.

True... I was working on a jobsite once, where the builder paid a contractor to haul off some huge boulders (6'-8'), that were in the way of construction... The designer later decided that they need some rocks in the landscaping... They bought back the same boulders that the had paid to get rid of... They weren't cheap...

Butch

Oh, Josh I have read this entire post (all 32 pages) and am just amazed by what you have done... "You've come a long way, baby" as the old cigarette commercial said;)..

Edited by Butch

Josh-O
10 hours ago, Butch said:

True... I was working on a jobsite once, where the builder paid a contractor to haul off some huge boulders (6'-8'), that were in the way of construction... The designer later decided that they need some rocks in the landscaping... They bought back the same boulders that the had paid to get rid of... They weren't cheap...

Butch

Oh, Josh I have read this entire post (all 32 pages) and am just amazed by what you have done... "You've come a long way, baby" as the old cigarette commercial said;)..

Thanks for the very kind words Butch!!! This project has been a passion of mine and will always be a work in progress :)

Josh-O

Dypsis 'white triangle' is a gorilla now

Cabadae x decaryi

5.jpg.87b675007fe447c82bc87f0d936496a0.jpg

• Like 3