Jump to content
Josh-O

Up and coming garden in Vista California / blank canvanas

Recommended Posts

Josh-O

Dypsis decipiens hybrid

IMG_5669.jpg.aaa3bbb89e622b2182cf33f69cea1a8b.jpgIMG_5676.jpg.aec954e3fc173ffa570e4cd0077a814a.jpgIMG_5677.jpg.44ff291b5e64f09adf203a938809ed22.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

and last but not least

Butia O. X Parajubea Sunkha get unleashed for the green house. I'm excited about this Cocoid hybrid

IMG_5661.jpg.efb192bd6a685e2a50db079a4146f65c.jpgIMG_5662.jpg.7b7e641adaf7fad20f722d3d58117909.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MattyB

What in the what?  Holy crap dude.  Your garden is outta control.  Nice work dude.  I'll come visit once I come out of hibernation

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
18 minutes ago, MattyB said:

What in the what?  Holy crap dude.  Your garden is outta control.  Nice work dude.  I'll come visit once I come out of hibernation

 

sounds good Matt. Things have grown a ton since your last visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hilo Jason

Very nice new plantings Josh! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palm Tree Jim
13 hours ago, Josh-O said:

Dypsis decipiens hybrid

IMG_5669.jpg.aaa3bbb89e622b2182cf33f69cea1a8b.jpgIMG_5676.jpg.aec954e3fc173ffa570e4cd0077a814a.jpgIMG_5677.jpg.44ff291b5e64f09adf203a938809ed22.jpg

What is the cross?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
1 hour ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

What is the cross?

sent you a text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
12 hours ago, Hilo Jason said:

Very nice new plantings Josh! 

thanks Jason. It's fun to get back into the garden again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammer

I can't believe I've still never been down there.  Such a slacker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
11 hours ago, Hammer said:

I can't believe I've still never been down there.  Such a slacker!

come on over to the nursery garden and redeem yourself..lol  Would be fun to see you again :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

Dang!!! It has been a quick minute since I have updated this thread. I have planted a ton of great plants and rare palms since my last posts.  Not to mention the growth I have had this year has been pretty decent at the Fairview nursery gardens.

2102728500_palmgarden4.jpg.eb54634a8bb2ac51354c0cb6a46655f2.jpg1808164027_palmgarden1.jpg.5b13543e88a58ea9179286c376fee6ac.jpg85925568_palmgarden2.jpg.ef8092fd4de56cf67c77e960da3e6655.jpg514356515_palmgarden3.thumb.jpg.5010c00deb50727d61349fab5883b1a5.jpg5.jpg.3c220648d565c888ab0ad8690e50a335.jpg3.jpg.d8266a0dfb93baaa5413b925112835d8.jpg1.jpg.ae24511ce367cde0a84fa591823bd5fe.jpgIMG_0096.jpg.9bc1fa799d4fc81155ac79efe7360913.jpgIMG_0102.jpg.45d5b4728572c9186cdf907f19f0c981.jpgGH3.jpg.afc77e602c5b2f7ddc5b17cd941e6af9.jpgIMG_0115.jpg.5d7ab5e632200e7b4b42cf60f93f569d.jpg

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

I have also been a busy beaver building the Fairview rock garden. Since this gardens inception it has taken a lot of my time away from planting in the palm garden. This new garden is a total labor of love. enjoy the visuals :)

IMG_0069.thumb.jpg.e6b599610502f5311867295a735d9360.jpgIMG_1869.thumb.jpg.9a8ea3b5cba1f43225643413e80c1dec.jpgIMG_4885.thumb.jpg.2319ff0977ccc7efba5ba46fa349d4e6.jpgIMG_1870.thumb.jpg.76ec203d678b78642d35d53d3df2c72a.jpg1577008042_Rockgarden5.thumb.jpg.2eb508d7680f40742d64b6fb496cb57d.jpg236116420_Rockgarden1.thumb.jpg.dda1c985537ddc4363933b6ae9257a98.jpgIMG_1868.thumb.jpg.b13d8f148bb7c6f952c15b66bcaddd07.jpg187827578_Rockgarden4.thumb.jpg.e21dccfd7ceea97be6f4e2887770fd02.jpg

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sandy Loam

Amazing, Josh-o ! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
7 minutes ago, Sandy Loam said:

Amazing, Josh-o ! 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GottmitAlex
2 hours ago, Josh-O said:

Dang!!! It has been a quick minute since I have updated this thread. I have planted a ton of great plants and rare palms since my last posts.  Not to mention the growth I have had this year has been pretty decent at the Fairview nursery gardens.

2102728500_palmgarden4.jpg.eb54634a8bb2ac51354c0cb6a46655f2.jpg1808164027_palmgarden1.jpg.5b13543e88a58ea9179286c376fee6ac.jpg85925568_palmgarden2.jpg.ef8092fd4de56cf67c77e960da3e6655.jpg514356515_palmgarden3.thumb.jpg.5010c00deb50727d61349fab5883b1a5.jpg5.jpg.3c220648d565c888ab0ad8690e50a335.jpg3.jpg.d8266a0dfb93baaa5413b925112835d8.jpg1.jpg.ae24511ce367cde0a84fa591823bd5fe.jpgIMG_0096.jpg.9bc1fa799d4fc81155ac79efe7360913.jpgIMG_0102.jpg.45d5b4728572c9186cdf907f19f0c981.jpgGH3.jpg.afc77e602c5b2f7ddc5b17cd941e6af9.jpgIMG_0115.jpg.5d7ab5e632200e7b4b42cf60f93f569d.jpg

 

Wunderbar!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
1 minute ago, GottmitAlex said:

Wunderbar!!!!!

thanks buddy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil C

Impressive........all of it!!

Regards Neil

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom in Tucson

Good luck with those great looking Aloe pillansii! They are a real challenge to keep alive. That Ravenea xerophila is looking good too!

Hi 80˚, Lo 49˚

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Gerg

Truly spectacular Josh. I’ve been a slacker about getting down there but want to make a point of it very soon. I have got to see this in person. And of course pick up a goodie or two.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James B

Wow incredible! Come spring I’ll have to visit and buy some palms off you Josh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
10 hours ago, Tom in Tucson said:

Good luck with those great looking Aloe pillansii! They are a real challenge to keep alive. That Ravenea xerophila is looking good too!

Hi 80˚, Lo 49˚

have had them for years. easy to keep alive for me in my soil. zero summer water and extremely fast draining soil with no organics

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
1 hour ago, James B said:

Wow incredible! Come spring I’ll have to visit and buy some palms off you Josh

cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
10 hours ago, The Gerg said:

Truly spectacular Josh. I’ve been a slacker about getting down there but want to make a point of it very soon. I have got to see this in person. And of course pick up a goodie or two.

stop on by amigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tracy
21 hours ago, Josh-O said:

236116420_Rockgarden1.thumb.jpg.dda1c985537ddc4363933b6ae9257a98.jpg

Nice use of that rocky exposed hill Josh.  You may someday need to get helicoptered down to weed in the area though. :floor2:  I'm sure that the Aloidendron pillansii will appreciate the reflected heat of those boulders up top that they are planted below.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stevetoad

Pictures really don’t do your garden justice. My palm senses get overwhelmed when I’m there. Everything is a gem. If you aren’t looking up, down and sideways you’ll miss something wild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OC2Texaspalmlvr

Wow just wow Josh :drool:

First time seeing this thread and started from page 1 last night. What a transformation from dirt lot to palm museum. I dont have many reasons to go back to Cali but one day i will be back to see your garden and nursery. Most likely will have to rent a U-haul to bring palms back haha. Amazing work and vision !!! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merlyn2220

I love the Agave, Aloe and Cycad rock garden!  I wish I had some boulders like that here, but unfortunately all we have is sand and muck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GottmitAlex
7 minutes ago, Merlyn2220 said:

I love the Agave, Aloe and Cycad rock garden!  I wish I had some boulders like that here, but unfortunately all we have is sand and muck!

Forget the muck, I've only sand. :(

Josh's place is a California paradise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester B

I think this garden deserves a youtube video tour:interesting:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hilo Jason

Amazing update Josh. Your place is looking incredible!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dartolution

Glorious! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 11/14/2019 at 9:25 PM, Merlyn2220 said:

I love the Agave, Aloe and Cycad rock garden!  I wish I had some boulders like that here, but unfortunately all we have is sand and muck!

Maybe you can build some raised planter beds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
17 hours ago, Hilo Jason said:

Amazing update Josh. Your place is looking incredible!!

Thanks buddy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 11/14/2019 at 8:19 PM, Stevetoad said:

Pictures really don’t do your garden justice. My palm senses get overwhelmed when I’m there. Everything is a gem. If you aren’t looking up, down and sideways you’ll miss something wild. 

thanks Steve. It was great seeing you the other day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 11/13/2019 at 9:47 PM, Sandy Loam said:

Amazing, Josh-o ! 

thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 11/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, Tom in Tucson said:

Good luck with those great looking Aloe pillansii! They are a real challenge to keep alive. That Ravenea xerophila is looking good too!

Hi 80˚, Lo 49˚

Thanks Tom. They are one of the few aloes I have to restrain myself from watering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 11/15/2019 at 11:34 AM, Chester B said:

I think this garden deserves a youtube video tour:interesting:

coming to my new website soon :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

Dypsis mananjarensis 'Mealy Bug' is cranking now. its putting up 2 spikes at once now

IMG_1019.jpg.a987955d8179d75efbeb4827badda2ee.jpgIMG_1020.jpg.61518492d27e1d3dac3d272d71f93f6f.jpgIMG_1021.jpg.55b56fd91280af186eb845e0b6b10ad8.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sandy Loam
2 hours ago, Josh-O said:

coming to my new website soon :)

 

Send us the website link! Looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merlyn2220
7 hours ago, Josh-O said:

Maybe you can build some raised planter beds?

I built one big 4" raised bed in the backyard, and built it up with 75% sand and 25% topsoil mix.  I have about 50 agaves types in the ground, the only ones i have had problems with are a Nickelsiae, a Rum Runner and one called Durango Fandango.  Everything else does pretty well here, just everything is dead flat and boulders cost a lot per ton!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×