IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free Archontophoenix tuckeri seed

DoomsDave

Soaked, Peeled and Bagged!

Thanks again, Dave!

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."

First seeds are already germinating, less than a week after sowing, excellent!

Edited by Flow

Germinating here, too

scream :bemused:

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

There's more.

Many more.

Archontophoenix sours anyone? :bemused:

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Anyone want some more?

If I've sent you envelopes before, I don't care. I've got a lot of seed. Send me a private message with your address again.

If you have a palm society that wants to use some for a seed bank, let me know. (Come visit and I'll give a garden tour.)

This is a small part of what I have left. My Archies are having a free love, Roman orgy, with the predictable results.

post-208-0-76707800-1440392557_thumb.jpg

(The Shoe not included.) This is from one infructescence. Out of a number. (10?)

The seedlings I have now seem to love the heat and are pushing new growth constantly. They are in mostly shade but they do get filtered light throughout the early day and even got some direct sunlight at around 2 to 3pm. They just want water!

Anyone want some more?

If I've sent you envelopes before, I don't care. I've got a lot of seed. Send me a private message with your address again.

If you have a palm society that wants to use some for a seed bank, let me know. (Come visit and I'll give a garden tour.)

This is a small part of what I have left. My Archies are having a free love, Roman orgy, with the predictable results.

attachicon.gif002.JPG

(The Shoe not included.) This is from one infructescence. Out of a number. (10?)

Hi Dave, I'll take more if you still have some? I can use as many as you can send.

Thanks,

Josh

3523 Rock Ridge Road, Carlsbad ca 92010

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Josh, see my PM

Hi Dave. Am interested in some Archontophoenix tuckeri seed. Thank you so much for your generosity. Have sent you my address as a personal message.

Thanks once again for your kindness. If there is any seed you would like from India, message me. I'll do my best to try and get it for you.

Thank you Dave! already have some sprouting.

You're welcome!

You want some more?

Mine are sprouting too, a big giant pot of them.

Instead of the movie "Frogs" it could be "Archontophoenix" . . . . (Today La Habra! Tomorrow . . . the world!)

Okay, there are still seeds.

If you want, PM

(Josh, holding yours till your visit . . . :))

Okay, first, dont' worry about mold.

Don't worry about the fact that I didn't clean the seed.

Who do I look like, Mr. Meticulous? :indifferent:

I just tossed these into some water.

Yeah yeah, yeah they float, because the fruit, etc., is all dry.

post-208-0-72394500-1441684991_thumb.jpg

But, no thang.

post-208-0-45202200-1441685089_thumb.jpg

Crack open the dried fruit, and out pops this little nut that sinks like a bit of gravel.

post-208-0-23782000-1441685176_thumb.jpg post-208-0-04176600-1441685229_thumb.jpg

Again, I didn't clean the seed, just tossed them (okay, placed them) onto the top of a pot of potting soil.

post-208-0-97394800-1441685402_thumb.jpg

Cover with a thin layer of dirt.

post-208-0-21313800-1441685471_thumb.jpg

And wait, a bit.

DOINK! up they pop, I'm like agog.

post-208-0-42648300-1441685685_thumb.jpg

All right!

My cup runneth over, with seeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddddd. . . .

Send me a PM if you want some. Even if I sent before.

Ed Ames video

Oh, yes seeds will come.

Still have a lot left.

• Upvote 1

Hi Dave. Please send me a PM with your address. Will be sending you some phoenix seeds in return for the seeds you just sent. I received them in good shape and have put them to germinate. Will update :)

Dave!

Seedlings coming up on the first batch you sent me.

2nd batch arrived!

Many tuckeri babies shall be spread around Norcal!

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

Dave!

2nd batch arrived!

I take solace in the fact that I did not kill them while they were in my care......

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

Dave!

2nd batch arrived!

I take solace in the fact that I did not kill them while they were in my care......

Not all of them, anyway :P

You did good John!

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

this is my tuckeri from Dave's seeds few years ago

IMG_9290.JPG

WOW!

How many years ago?

Trava, that's good to know.

So your plant is about 4 years old from seed.

That's about the size I planted my now-seeding specimens, which are now about 6 - 8 M (18 - 24 feet) tall.

Full sun, plenty of water, ZOOOOM to the Moon!

Took half of them and soaked them for a week, 'till you (Dave) said not to worry about cleaning. That was about 3 weeks ago. Then a week ago I just took the other half and planted after soaking overnight. Nothing yet in either batch.

After reading all of the success stories, I might need more advice, patience, or seeds.

Took half of them and soaked them for a week, 'till you (Dave) said not to worry about cleaning. That was about 3 weeks ago. Then a week ago I just took the other half and planted after soaking overnight. Nothing yet in either batch.

After reading all of the success stories, I might need more advice, patience, or seeds.

Wait another week or two, keep moist

If yuo want more shoot me your address again and I'll send more.

Still have a lot

• Upvote 1

Gettin' kind of ridiculous in here.  

I think my germination rate is over 60%!!!

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."