IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

BUY BUY BUY.....

trioderob

bounce off 200 day moving ave and speculation on a deal tonight

lets see if it holds.........

and down ,,,,,we,,,,,,,,go.........clunk !

just as predicted

"markets wont be happy for days over this" - Trioderob

-peace out-

have fun

And the market finishes up almost 100 pts. for the day.

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

and down ,,,,,we,,,,,,,,go.........clunk !

just as predicted

"markets wont be happy for days over this" - Trioderob

-peace out-

have fun

And the market ends up almost 100 pts for the day.

So --- you predict a down day, it finishes up, and you claim you got it right. Apparently you could predict either up or down and claim "just as predicted."

The only real predictions that matter is when to buy and when to sell - in real time. And that is something we will never get.

Bottom line --- Everything else is just noise.

Kona, on The Big Island

the small caps were flat / emerging were down / china down and europe was down

get a life Dean

Edited by trioderob

Rob, do you realize that you just cherry picked the particular markets that match your prediction after the fact?

:beat_deadhorse:

look like Asian markets / Australia are down again to start the new day.................clunk

anyone care to make a prediction besides me ???????????????????

a real prediction - not some "jibba jabba"

I've said countless times that I can't predict day to day moves in the market. I'm not near as smart as you are.

There was a time many decades ago when I too fooled myself into thinking I could. But then I quit imagining willy-nilly predictions, for which I was unaccountable - and used real money in real time. The truth proved hard to argue with.

So let's see some real time tradeable predictions - not all this noise.

Kona, on The Big Island

Shanghai China market was down at one point 8% tonight !

Australia / japan/ India - everything down big time

Edited by trioderob

Dean got excited because we had a little technical pop yesterday - but down we go again............clunk

he is not in the market and admits he cant make predictions so lets move on without him......

right now several negative factors but most important is China.

huge selloff over night and China is allowing a very large % of stock to not even trade !

this of course will flush out to a nice buying opportunity soon...but for now liquidity is drying up around the world

Edited by trioderob

"KEEP AN EYE ON WHAT CHINA DOES HERE / WHAT EMERGING MARKETS ARE DOING / DOES FED RAISE RATES - OTHER ISSUE BESIDES GREECE - DONT GET TRICKED !"

Triode - 7/7/15

Edited by trioderob

Dean is not in the market and admits he cant make predictions so lets move on without him......

Please do.

But don't forget that your title for this three week old thread is BUY BUY BUY.

And this is your very first line/prediction of this entire topic.

bought back in at the start of the day and believe a big bull run is just started here.

Here's your predicted "Big Bull Run" below

post-11-0-06587100-1436384816_thumb.png

Kona, on The Big Island

folks-

I am done here - I will no longer post with Dean riding my back - good luck and trade safe.

Edited by trioderob

Rob,

I think you misunderstand why I am "riding your back." I would like nothing better than to believe you can call short term market moves. Heck, if you called four out of five moves in a row - in real time - the full trade - the buy and sell - I would pay you big money for your predictions. We could both get rich together.

Or better still - I would give you a big chunk of money and let you trade it for me - I would give you 5% of the profits. Or how about 10%? And I would just sit back and watch it grow.

All you have to do is just "show me the money."

But you have never once told us what you have bought or sold, at a price, in real time. Those are necessary details for a profitable prediction. Give me those, and with your ability let's start making some easy money.

Kona, on The Big Island

The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that,

" When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. "

However, some people rope several dead horses together in an effort to increase the speed.

• Upvote 1

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Anyone out there make money trading the past week? The answer is likely no and highlights why short term trading is very similar to gambling. Even if someone made money Greek deal could fall though tomorrow and "down we go".

Encinitas, CA

Zone 10b

you are so wrong its not even funny................have fun in Vegas !

bet on black for me .

(this guy must of never heard about "stops" )

by the way .............the deal WILL go through - mark my words

Edited by trioderob

Anyone out there make money trading the past week? The answer is likely no and highlights why short term trading is very similar to gambling. Even if someone made money Greek deal could fall though tomorrow and "down we go".

Aaron - do you really think Rob was trading this market?

He mentioned the word "bought" over three weeks ago - and hasn't mention a word about buying or selling anything since. Oh, and he didn't mention a word about any "stops" either.

Any of the info about actually executing a trade is always missing.

Kona, on The Big Island

Dean I don't believe Rob. I also don't believe he does very well in the markets. Mostly because he can't give any real info about his trades or even how he trades or what to do with your money if retired. Plus he doesn't understand that stops don't necessarily prevent you from loosing money. If news comes out after hours and the market opens 20% lower that is the price you are selling at. Basic stuff.

Encinitas, CA

Zone 10b

I'm pretty sure an "I'm outa here" is coming followed by vague stock market references a few hours later.

Encinitas, CA

Zone 10b

Aaron - I tried trading like Rob does, and I made real good money today.

I bought a long 3x NASDAQ ETF at the close yesterday. And I am now up, with a quick 5% gain. It was easy. You should try it. I'll tell you at the close on Monday if I sold it or still have it.

Kona, on The Big Island

Dean I don't believe Rob. I also don't believe he does very well in the markets. Mostly because he can't give any real info about his trades or even how he trades or what to do with your money if retired. Plus he doesn't understand that stops don't necessarily prevent you from loosing money. If news comes out after hours and the market opens 20% lower that is the price you are selling at. Basic stuff.

actually Bags there is a way around this - lets see if you are smart enough to figure it out - but its "basic stuff"

Dean - you did not make any real money - you ejected long ago

I defy either of you guys to make any intelligent comment on what the market will be doing in the near term.

you dont have to make a prediction - bring up any intelligent topic

I "double dog" dare you.

by the way with CHINA posting a panic hammer down here is where you should have been looking (not your so500)

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EEM

oh thats right you did not even know you could trade anything besides US stocks

- I OUTTA HERE -

Edited by trioderob

I defy either of you guys to make any intelligent comment on what the market will be doing in the near term.

Rob,

I am amazed that you still haven't received the memo.

Here is your "intelligent comment" - You, Aaron, and I cannot predict what the market will be doing near term consistenlty enough to make any money - period.

Kona, on The Big Island

I can't predict what the market is going to do short term nor do I care.

Have no idea how to stop from losing money after hours with stop losses. (A stock could blow past a stop loss while the market is open too btw) but Please educate me.

Encinitas, CA

Zone 10b

Dean-

speak for yourself - don't speak for me.

don't talk about what I did

and by the way I begged you not to post to my thread - you act like you own the place.

do you OWN palm talk ????

if so I really am outta here .................. :)

and remember Dean - I get nothing from you - you don't even bring up interesting topics to discuss.

you don't actually ADD anything - you just criticize.

Edited by trioderob

Rob, take a time out. Personal attacks are not appropriate. No one is interested in your mindless blather about the stock market.

I like your photographs quite a lot and think they are skillfully composed, so perhaps you could make a positive contribution to Palmtalk with your photos. :)

• Upvote 1

San Francisco, California

"No one is interested in your mindless blather about the stock market."

and yet there are 1800 views on this thread !

and you could not stay away yourself - I love it.

ok I get it - I will go away

have fun guys

this is the end of the thread - if you guys don't let it die -that's your bad - LOL

Edited by trioderob

ok -

so a deal was made just as I had predicted.

here is the tricky part- there are some very nasty provisions about selling Greek assets which might not even be LEGAL in Greece.

in addition the deal includes a clause about creditors actually being in greece and running the finances.

so while things are looking Bullish there is a chance it could fall thru and of course the market will want to punish those on the sidelines who are now buying on the good news.

the market punishs the timid

more later......................

Edited by trioderob

I'm just here for entertainment purposes. I know nothing about money, I work for it then spend it... it's fun that way. And had some fun reading through this thread for the past weeks too.

ok -

so a deal was made just as I had predicted.

here is the tricky part- there are some very nasty provisions about selling Greek assets which might not even be LEGAL in Greece.

in addition the deal includes a clause about creditors actually being in greece and running the finances.

so while things are looking Bullish there is a chance it could fall thru and of course the market will want to punish those on the sidelines who are now buying on the good news.

the market punishs the timid

more later......................

So what should someone do right now? Buy, sell? Kinda meaningless information if you do not know what to do with it. That is the point everyone has been trying to make. So tell us. What should someone do with their money right now?

Encinitas, CA

Zone 10b

….and you never told me how to stop from losing money when the market drops after hours

Encinitas, CA

Zone 10b

here the thing - almost EVERYONE is calling fo the bull market end in around October.

not literally everyone but there are many calls for this to be the top coming soon.

that makes me think its wrong and we keep rallying till xmas.

Bags - consult with a professional financial adviser - but one way is as simple as not holding past the close, use less leverage / hedge position with put options - but this is an entertainment thread only - not to give real trading advise.

Edited by trioderob

So what should someone do right now? Buy, sell? Kinda meaningless information if you do not know what to do with it. That is the point everyone has been trying to make. So tell us. What should someone do with their money right now?

Do you really think you are going to get a real prediction like that? I've been asking for a couple of years now.

What needs to be recognized is that the market is making predictions, and pricing them in, long before Rob ever does. For example, after all his noise of the last month, the market is essentially right where it was when Rob predicted the start of a big bull run, based in large part on a resolution to the Greek issue.

The market had already priced in a Greek deal when Rob bought. The only surprise was gonna be if one wasn't approved. Now that a deal appears evident, the market is right were it was when Rob bought - priced for a Greek resolution.

But Rob doesn't realize that the big bull run started about 6 years ago - he is a little late to the party.

Kona, on The Big Island

but this is an entertainment thread only - not to give real trading advise.

There's our answer Aaron.

In Rob's own words - This whole time he hasn't been offering any "real trading advice."

Kona, on The Big Island

Dean-

yes the market was priced for a deal.

when that was in jeopardy with the vote the market had the largest down day of the year

we agree - :)

now the real question and I am sure you will agree is did I do better than just leaving it in the whole time - and that you do not have the answer to.

but the thing is the thread was never about me - it was about the market

and if the thread was boring to you - you would have been gone long ago - true ?

Edited by trioderob