IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Materials Need For Germination..

Kris

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B.Armeda 'Green Form' seeds from M@x

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Friends,members,guests & visitors :)

If you have any questions to ask or suggestions that you want to give me,here is my personal E.Mail address :-

kvachar@go.com

And if you have come this far,viewing page after page i must say that you are a true palm enthusiast.. :greenthumb: And i appriciate your patience. :winkie:

Lots of love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Friends :)

It gives me immense pleasure in welcoming Monika to our forum,her member ID is 8er-moni. And it seems that even she uses the ziploc method to germinate palm seeds & exotic plants. :hmm:

And here are some intreasting visuals of her work. :)

8er-moni01.jpg

8er-moni02.jpg

8er-moni03.jpg

Thanks & Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kai :)

Welcome Back ! my friend... :) And thanks for adding those impressive visuals here :greenthumb:

Lots of love to you,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Thank you Kris and Kai! :)

Soaking seeds:

Normally I am soaking the seeds in an thermos-bottle --- but for larger seeds (as Phytelephas aequatorialis) I like this thermos für making yoghurt

DSC00802.jpg

... or, if I have many different seeds to soak, I use the electrical Yoghurt-machine :winkie: - with litte cups and stickers:

DSC08855.jpg

If they swim at the surface für the first time, I put a cotton-pad on it :winkie:

Greetings from a litte village near Salzburg/Austria

Moni

11152.gif

USDA 5b (up to -26° C)

It is very hard for me to see, how many plants are growing around the the world, which I don't have in my collection!!!!

Dear Monika :)

Thanks for those lovely big sized stills...And your methods & tools used for seeds germination work is very intreasting ! From now on even i might think of using those when need arises.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with all of us.And i also request other members to share their views,opnion & visuals of seeds germination.So that it would be of emmense help to first time palm seeds germinators.

Lots of love to you all,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Thank you, dear Kris!

Cont. Corypha macropoda :winkie: :winkie: February 09

DSC08330.jpg

DSC08367.jpg

Moni

11152.gif

USDA 5b (up to -26° C)

It is very hard for me to see, how many plants are growing around the the world, which I don't have in my collection!!!!

WoW...!!! :greenthumb:

Great Visuals and thanks a lot for uploading those clear & big sized stills :)

Lots of Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

You are welcome! :winkie:

Moni

11152.gif

USDA 5b (up to -26° C)

Dear Kris!

Thank your for the pics.

You ceep the seedlings much longer in the ziplocks than I --- very interesting :winkie:

• Upvote 1

Moni

11152.gif

USDA 5b (up to -26° C)

Dear Monika :)

you are absolutely right,yes nowadays i find a bit hard on time to do these things quicky.So some germinated seeds & seedlings have damped-off inside the ziploc bag itself ! :( I think in a month's time i will try to regularise..to my previous schedule !

Thanks for visiting & speaking your mind :)

Lots of love to you,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Wow I just found this.

This is an amazing thread,very impressive. I haven't read the whole thing but allot of it.

Thank you for your kindness of taking the time to share your knowledge and all those great photos.

You make it look easy.

Edited by bayside mike
  • Upvote 1

Bayside Tree Farms is located in Homestead Florida USA
(305) 245-9544

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Mike :)

Very happy that you like our thread,And thanks for your encouragement ! :)

Lots of Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Cont..

IMG_3465.jpg

This time i have added some dried used coffee powder,so to see what happens !!! :hmm:

IMG_3466.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kris!

I wish you "good luck" with the new seedlings.

You think, that the coffee-powder makes the soil a litte bit more acid? - This is certaily helpful for the plants :)

Continuing with "Materials":

In May 09 I got a new "Greenhouse" :winkie: for a bit higher plants than seedlings - to get better humidity - but I think, it will be not necessary in India.

IKEA sells here fine blankets in this bags :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I wait that my Citrus-cuttings will take roots and try to get my litte Salak-seedlings bigger - without spider mites :winkie:

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

• Upvote 1

Moni

11152.gif

USDA 5b (up to -26° C)

Dear Monica :)

Thanks for the visuals..And hope to see more germination stills of palm seeds & palm saplings.

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kris!

Thanks you - if I have new ideas, I will post them :winkie:

What are you up to? Soooooo many seedlings - I hope they will grow well!

Moni

11152.gif

USDA 5b (up to -26° C)

Dear Monica :)

All the excess palm saplings are distributed to like minded people,gardens & parks as gifts.Since to start a palm nursery is not a viable option in south india.

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Greetings guys :)

I really love this thread of yours Kris - great job! I envy that your country is much much hotter than mine :winkie: I live in a zone 6a, so that's gonna be a challenge for me to keep my plants alive during winter.

Will try to post some pics of my home germinated species. Unfortunately I have no photos of seeds in bags, but hope that's no problem for you guys.

Best Regards

• Upvote 1
http://palmiarnia.info - Polish website about hardy palms and more!

You are still hard at work I see.

There should be allot of palms in your area with all the gifts you have given.

Keep it up! You are an encouragement to everyone on here. I'm sure.

And by the way I love coffee I don't see why the palms wouldn't. :winkie:

• Upvote 1

Bayside Tree Farms is located in Homestead Florida USA
(305) 245-9544