IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Is your palm blended?? If so do tell...

Josh-O

All my blended jubaeas are from Patrick. All came in as 5 gallon. Transplanted to 15G in July. 

Tom, post a pic of your JXB please. Mine came in like that. It's been slow but in full sun and with the bigger pot it's much better now. Those pictures are more than 3 months old, which is since the transplantation. They all look much better now! I will post an updated pics when I can. 

Jonah,

I will post some pics soon. So you bought them in May?

Tom Birt - Casas Adobes, AZ

Hi 104, Lo 68

Oh. No in July! I got them in July and put them in 15G pots right away :) 

It is the worst looking palm I have bought from Patric(k). Here is what it looked like when I got it in August.

JxB_8-15.thumb.jpg.ce50648d0e75c4756811b

It is looking better now since I've had it two months.

Hi 87, Lo 66

maybe it was in the box for to long when shipped with high temps yellowing the fronds? 

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

• 2 weeks later...

All my blended jubaeas are from Patrick. All came in as 5 gallon. Transplanted to 15G in July. 

Tom, post a pic of your JXB please. Mine came in like that. It's been slow but in full sun and with the bigger pot it's much better now. Those pictures are more than 3 months old, which is since the transplantation. They all look much better now! I will post an updated pics when I can. 

Jonah,

I will post some pics soon. So you bought them in May?

Hi 104, Lo 68

Oh. No in July! I got them in July and put them in 15G pots right away :) 

It is the worst looking palm I have bought from Patric(k). Here is what it looked like when I got it in August.

JxB_8-15.thumb.jpg.ce50648d0e75c4756811b

It is looking better now since I've had it two months.

Hi 87, Lo 66

here's mine now tom. Patrick's packaging is perfect but the shipping duration might be harsh on the plant! 

This photo is about a week old

image.png

That Lutesense X Tri should be a killer looking palm and a great grower for california

Sunset zone 24

keep us updated on its growth rate

Sunset zone 24

Josh loves using 2-3 separate post in place of one. I think he is trying to rapidly catch Dooms Dave posting record. :)

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Here they are small but have not missed a beat Pembana X Tri and Lutesense X Tri

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Have to see how it progresses but right now that looks just like a Lutescens. The Pembana x Tri looks cool. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Josh loves using 2-3 separate post in place of one. I think he is trying to rapidly catch Dooms Dave posting record. :)

LMAO, I wish I wasn't so scatterbrained then I could get it all on one post.:innocent:.

Sunset zone 24

The "mule" reverse cross (Syagrus r. x Butia c.) is so beautiful, more than the standard hybrid (B x S) of course! In other hand, i would like to see a pic of Jubaea x Parajubaea cross ( and reverse). They could have a very dramatic aesthetic with a touch of perfection...

Here is my "Lutescens X Decaryi" from Seabreeze.   I bought it roughly the same time a Sergio.  (9mo ago?)  Growing in a tall 1 gal.

I agree with Len, that it looks like a plain Lut.

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

• Upvote 1

Well, when you think about it, we're all blended . . . . :)

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

14 hours ago, Vari805 said:

Here is my "Lutescens X Decaryi" from Seabreeze.   I bought it roughly the same time a Sergio.  (9mo ago?)  Growing in a tall 1 gal.

I agree with Len, that it looks like a plain Lut.

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

I hope it turns into something other that a plain Lute? This palm is very pricey to say the least

Sunset zone 24

16 hours ago, Matt in OC said:

I had to take a chance on this "California Christmas Palm" cross: Adonidia x Veitchia. I'm hopeful. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cool!  I've been eyeing that too... let us know how it does!

keep us posted on how it fares??

Sunset zone 24

• 5 months later...
On 9/27/2015, 9:25:15, Josh-O said:

LMOA.. hahaha

That was a good one Ben...lol

I just palnted some in the "Vista" garden 2 weeks ago. I will post some pics on that thread and here..

Josh, I've been checking both threads for months, but you haven't posted either Parajubaea torallyi x Jubaea or Jubaea x Parajubaea cocoides in either thread. How are they doing now?

Hi 83°, Lo 52°

Casas Adobes - NW of Tucson since July 2014

formerly in the San Carlos region of San Diego

8 hours ago, Tom in Tucson said:

Josh, I've been checking both threads for months, but you haven't posted either Parajubaea torallyi x Jubaea or Jubaea x Parajubaea cocoides in either thread. How are they doing now?

Hi 83°, Lo 52°

Tom, I visited Josh in December and if my memory serves - what Josh was told was a Parajubaea x Jubaea (or vice-versa) is IMO something else.  What did I think it was Josh?  One of the "other" Butia crosses that Patric does, e.g. the B. paraguayensis x Parajubaea?

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

12 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

Tom, I visited Josh in December and if my memory serves - what Josh was told was a Parajubaea x Jubaea (or vice-versa) is IMO something else.  What did I think it was Josh?  One of the "other" Butia crosses that Patric does, e.g. the B. paraguayensis x Parajubaea?

Ben is correct. the palms I bought from patric were miss labeled and now I'm super bummed. 

They ended up being B. paraguayensis x Parajubaea C. and both look different. I'm not sure why they came labeled from Patric as Parajubaea x Jubaea.

I'm back on the hunt. 

Sunset zone 24

Ben is correct. the palms I bought from patric were miss labeled and now I'm super bummed. 

They ended up being B. paraguayensis x Parajubaea C. and both look different. I'm not sure why they came labeled from Patric as Parajubaea x Jubaea.

I'm back on the hunt. 

15 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

Do either of you have any images of the Butia paraguayensis x Parajubaea cocoides sold as Parajubaea torallyi Jubaea and Jubaea Parajubaea cocoides (plant and/or label)? Were they the same price that Patric(k) normally sells his Butia paraguayensis x Parajubaea cocoides for? And if not, did he send you the remittance for the price difference?

Hi 88°, Lo 51°

LMOA.. hahaha

That was a good one Ben...lol

I just palnted some in the "Vista" garden 2 weeks ago. I will post some pics on that thread and here..

Have you had a chance to take those pics yet? I have not seen them on either thread.

Hi 89°, Lo 54° - 4/24

I had the same issue with the Lutescens X Decaryi as Got Palms and Vari805. Seabreeze accidentally sent out Lutescens "single forms" instead of the golden triangle. They were quick and professional to resolve the situation and send out replacement plant at no extra cost. I hope everyone else was able to attain similar resolution. 

That's good to know Gabriel.  Thanks for the info.  I will contact them and see if I can get the same outcome as you.  

• 6 months later...
On 4/19/2016, 11:25:02, Tom in Tucson said:

Do either of you have any images of the Butia paraguayensis x Parajubaea cocoides sold as Parajubaea torallyi Jubaea and Jubaea Parajubaea cocoides (plant and/or label)? Were they the same price that Patric(k) normally sells his Butia paraguayensis x Parajubaea cocoides for? And if not, did he send you the remittance for the price difference?

Hi 88°, Lo 51°

Josh I have waited over 1/2 year to see the hybrids you bought from Patric(k). What will we see first: the palms in question or Trumps's taxes?

Hi 76°, Lo 54°

8 minutes ago, Tom in Tucson said:

Josh I have waited over 1/2 year to see the hybrids you bought from Patric(k). What will we see first: the palms in question or Trumps's taxes?

Hi 76°, Lo 54°

I've lost track on what we are waiting for?

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

10 minutes ago, Ben in Norcal said:

I've lost track on what we are waiting for?

Ben, Look back 6 posts before this one.

16 minutes ago, Tom in Tucson said:

Ben, Look back 6 posts before this one.

So you want a picture of a Bp x Pc?  I can take a pic of mine if you want...

Ben Rogers

No thanks, Ben... good try :wacko: I would like to see the labels and palms that Josh received by mistake, and I'm curious how Patric(k) compensated Josh (if he did).

1 hour ago, Ben in Norcal said:

Ah well, here's mine anyway:

14233072_10153692051062234_8068031490228

And here's a bigger one locally:

14937307_1816090775304088_48356787040500

Dang Ben! She's gorgeous :drool:

The big one too...

• Upvote 1

On 4/19/2016, 11:25:02, Tom in Tucson said:

Hi 88°, Lo 51°

To give Josh a chance to respond to this question, I am bumping it again:

Josh I have waited over 1/2 year to see the hybrids you bought from Patric(k). What will we see first: the palms in question or Trumps's taxes?

Hi 82°, Lo 54°

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

So it's been 2 years...Would love to see updates on the crosses, especially the ones from Seabreeze.

• Upvote 1

Huntington Beach, CA

USDA Zone 10a/10b

Sunset Zone 24

Here’s my California Christmas palm (2 months ago). I’d say it’s been reasonably fast. It’s been in the ground since April 2016. 

F9E80D6D-CD46-4E70-BDE0-593D6ACAA5FD.jpeg

907D4BC9-289F-4B90-ADEA-A681ECCD6E0C.jpeg

9F9B9208-8D72-406A-BB81-371F3130551E.jpeg

• Upvote 2