Sign in to follow this  
Got Palms

Dypsis Plumose

Got Palms

I have about 50 or 60 seeds and seedlings that are up for grabs free to ship bare root in the states first come first served ! pic of seedlings and parent palm!

post-3040-0-90312100-1422736436.jpg

post-3040-0-15985500-1422736449_thumb.jp

Josh-O

Nice Sergio, This is a great grower for even the colder parts of California

Got Palms

seedling are all accounted for thanks for the quick replies

Moose

Dang, 1.5 hours and all 50 gone ... :lol2:

DoomsDave

I've got seeds, too.

This is one of the best, underrated palms for So-Cal.

Full blistering sun.

Not a lot of space, I mean, what [expletive] is not to love?

Sergio's pictures say it all, but if you need more, I'll post some of my own prolific specimen.

Girls guys and all the rest, you should not resist

• Upvote 1

Got Palms

Nice Sergio, This is a great grower for even the colder parts of California

yes josh underrated palm looks good when grown next to anothe palm that can compliment it

John Case

Dang!....after my pm sent, too!

Funkthulhu

I always pine for these freebie threads in February. I can't in good conscience ask anybody to mail me anything in this weather...

Mandrew968

Dang, 1.5 hours and all 50 gone ... :lol2:

Moose, if you really like, I have a big one I will gift to you(I have several actually). They grow really easily and would fit in nicely, if you don't have the species--could also be a great plant to give to a neighbor...

Moose

I have about 50 or 60 seeds and seedlings that are up for grabs free to ship bare root in the states first come first served ! pic of seedlings and parent palm!

Thank you very much Sergio !!!

post-1729-0-31927100-1423267293_thumb.jp

How cold hardy are these ? Do you think they could handle zone 9a ? Thinking of sending a couple to Cajun Keith when they achieve some size.

Got Palms

attachicon.gifDypsis plumosa seedligs.JPG

How cold hardy are these ? Do you think they could handle zone 9a ? Thinking of sending a couple to Cajun Keith when they achieve some size.

You are very welcome, i think they will do well in 9a this palm has breezed through my winters and summer heat while others in garden have suffered some burn! Cheers and Happy Growing

John Case

Ron, did you just get yours?

I am trembling in anticipation!

Moose

Ron, did you just get yours?

I am trembling in anticipation!

Yes John - they arrived Feb 6, Friday afternoon while I was on a ladder painting the house. After paint clean-up, they all got potted up for their photo op.

John Case

Hoping for some happy delivery on Monday, then......

Josh-O

gotta love the spread of palm cheer

DoomsDave

URK!

sashaeffer

Again, thank you.....happy and some growing on a warming mat and on top of the dryer in the laundry room where it's always warm.

Your very generous.

post-9928-0-44795000-1423452703_thumb.jppost-9928-0-24192200-1423452750_thumb.jp

Scott/Omaha

dida

These are beautiful, is that yours in the left picture? Pm sent, hope it's not too late..

sashaeffer

I always pine for these freebie threads in February. I can't in good conscience ask anybody to mail me anything in this weather...

I was able to get some of these and was concerned too about the weather. Of course they got delayed somehow in the mail and were delayed getting to me. Much to my surprise though, planted them in Styrofoam cups and put on warming mat and they haven't missed a beat and have continued to grow. They must be one really tough palm! Wife is NOT happy, since I'm so short on space I had to put them on top of the drier in the laundry room.

She'll get over it, they always do.

Ben in Norcal

I was able to get some of these and was concerned too about the weather. Of course they got delayed somehow in the mail and were delayed getting to me. Much to my surprise though, planted them in Styrofoam cups and put on warming mat and they haven't missed a beat and have continued to grow. They must be one really tough palm! Wife is NOT happy, since I'm so short on space I had to put them on top of the drier in the laundry room.

She'll get over it, they always do.

Until they don't. :mrlooney:

sashaeffer

When nicer weather comes and I can slowly move some stuff outside for the season she'll calm down.

• Upvote 1

Funkthulhu

I am not looking forward to this summer. All the stuff has to go outside, but this is the season we'll be tearing down the old deck... Where to put all zee plants?!?

sashaeffer

I am not looking forward to this summer. All the stuff has to go outside, but this is the season we'll be tearing down the old deck... Where to put all zee plants?!?

We always find room for "one"....or two more don't we?

DoomsDave

Dang!....after my pm sent, too!

If yuo want some, PM your address to me.

DoomsDave

These are beautiful, is that yours in the left picture? Pm sent, hope it's not too late..

Look for my PM.

Moose

Covered the little seedlings during the last arctic front. Its all the protection I could give them, experienced 42 F with no problems.

post-1729-0-12970600-1425634542_thumb.jppost-1729-0-39674500-1425634574_thumb.jp

Uncovered two days later. Did an inventory, looks like I'll have 18 palms soon. Some are trying to push out their first split leaves.

sashaeffer

Mine have really taken off in the germination tray and plant light. THANK YOU again.

post-9928-0-17557400-1425865723_thumb.jp

dida

I got 4 seeds from a friend that freezed in the mail and 2 rotted i keep them in warm and humid, seed starts germinating but soon falls off and leaves the little black hole where it came out, i dont know.. :bummed: i'm waiting for seeds from this forum to try again, nice to see yours growing.

Moose

Looking happy ...

post-1729-0-54057500-1427120924_thumb.jppost-1729-0-33120100-1427120958_thumb.jppost-1729-0-89905700-1427121003_thumb.jppost-1729-0-65259500-1427121038_thumb.jp

dida

I'm bying the seed on rps, mine are off.