• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

I unlocked the secret to growing the "true" Dypsis blackstem in California....

trioderob

Where their is one man willing to post on this thread it may never die. muhaha muhaha muhahaha muhahahaha..

post-1729-0-20549000-1422814242_thumb.jp

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Where their is one man willing to post on this thread it may never die. muhaha muhaha muhahaha muhahahaha..

post-1729-0-20549000-1422814242_thumb.jp

attachicon.gifpost-1261-12742222909685.jpg

I was surprised this thread had gone so long and got so funny without my involvement...... just had to get to the 4th page for me to be roped in.. :bemused: - Mr Gallows

• Like 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Hy palmnuts ,who is growing Bether nuts? You´re nuts! :mrlooney:

Arecoline is responsible for some of the effects of betel quid chewing, such as alertness, increased stamina, a sense of well-being, euphoria, and salivation.

Miscellaneous uses

Betel nut's medical use is limited, and long-term negative reactions to betel quid chewing are well known. A decrease in positive symptoms among men with schizophrenia was attributed to betel nut consumption.

Carambeí, 2nd tableland of the State Paraná , south Brazil.

Alt:1030m. Native palms: Queen, B. eriospatha, B. microspadix, Allagoptera leucocalyx , A.campestris, Geonoma schottiana, Trithrinax acanthocoma. Subtr. climate, some frosty nights. No dry season. August: driest month. Rain:1700mm

I am seeking for cold hardy palms!

I know when this thread finally dies, Moose is going to freaking bump it.

• Upvote 1

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

I had a feeling you were going to sat that Ben..lol

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

So, I should expect to see this again about 2020?

• Upvote 1

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."

screw this

I posted photos of the blackstem on this forum 2 years ago

I followed up last year that it had lost color and did not respond well to my soil losing color and stunted leaf growth

There were other reports that other blackstems had lost color here.

now I post that the soil ph seems to be the major factor and i am thrown to the lions

it should be obvious that i am waiting for summer for it to look better before i post photos

this thread is closed

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/33107-o-dypsis-black-stem-how-do-i-love-thee-let-me-count-the-ways/?hl=blackstem

Hmmmm, all those photos were deleted post-1729-0-85196400-1423148986_thumb.jp

Hey, guys! What's going on in this thread?

....I love Sasquatch!

Oh, i'll bet not the one I knew . . .

Dave.....is this her?

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

Ya know, until this photo, I never knew Rosie wore make-up.

attachicon.gifpost-1261-12742222909685.jpg

I was surprised this thread had gone so long and got so funny without my involvement...... just had to get to the 4th page for me to be roped in.. :bemused: - Mr Gallows

post-1729-0-38864800-1423383800_thumb.jp

Bill - Your absence was noted - so I made sure your presence was felt :hmm:

• Upvote 1

*BUMP*

:floor:

• Upvote 1

I believe that trioderob is still getting his roll of films develop at the photo mat. He can get a couple of black spray paint if the film were lost at the photo mat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I believe that trioderob is still getting his roll of films develop at the photo mat. He can get a couple of black spray paint if the film were lost at the photo mat.

LOL - :floor: - he must of given the roll to Leonard King Mickey "Leo" Chingkwake

post-1729-0-51215200-1423865193_thumb.gi

The thread that just won't die. Let me see if I can help it along.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

this thread lives - it lives !

bwaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaaa

(now if only the black stem does............ :bemused: )

you have to admit - this has been a great thread - at least from the viewpoint of entertainment value.

end-world-survival-guide-staying-alive-d

Edited by trioderob

I agree!! It has been a fun thread.

funny-pictures-of-people-with-captions_.

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

I just realized my last photo was crappy so I'll post some daytime shots soon.

post-1729-0-86620300-1423995596.pngpost-1729-0-91223100-1423995609.jpgpost-1729-0-16661000-1423995629_thumb.gi

Josh - have you forgotten or doing the Triode Shuffle ?

I'm a bit confused. What is film? Why does it need to be developed?

also,

Why is this not on the front page?!?

:beat_deadhorse:

• Upvote 1

Triode you have special talents young man. Keep up the good work. I have never seen the devil smiley so many times in one thread!

How do you know Triode is a young man, or even a man? I was thinking computer virus; we have no real proof of actual human activity--just strange claims and odd pictures...