IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

frozen "ti"

paulgila

100_2733.jpg

most of my ti plants look like this since the great '07 freeze--anyone have any experience this?will these

come back or should i just rip'em out?they haven't shown any signs of new growth like some other plants.

any help would be greatly appreciated...

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

I would rip them out. If they do come back, it will take a reaaaaally long time. I'm not a cordyline expert, but these can also be purchased pretty cheaply. They look dead to me but maybe they're not.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

From what I can glean, these should survive exposure to the low 20'sF.  It's possible new growth may emerge from the base rather than the tips.  Patience will be required.  So if you have time, wait; if you have money, rip out and replant.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I agree with Kim; they should re-sprout just fine.  It's just a matter of how long you're willing to wait for a full head of leaves.

Central Florida, 28.42N 81.18W, Elev. 14m

Zone 9b

Summers 33/22C, Winters 22/10C Record Low -7C

Rain 6cm - 17cm/month with wet summers 122cm annually

Paul,

Kim's pretty much right, unless it's a collector variety of Ti that would be hard to replace, rip it out.I can't agree that these take into the low 20's(?). And survive? I seriously doubt it, but they reasonably cheap to replace.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

thanks for the input.they are relatively cheap at times,

but i haven't been able to find any at the home despots

in san diego recently.i don't get as attached to these

as i do to palms so no guilt with ripping 'em out if they're

gonna take a long time to come back.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.