Sign in to follow this  
paulgila

FREE c. seifrizii ("blunt leaf form")

paulgila

Free c. seifrizii "blunt leaf" form. come & git it. the dang thing is about 10' tall. pm me or something.

MattyB

I'll "something" you

Stevetoad

What's the blunt leaf form?

Hammer

Sounds like that is a relaxing palm.

MattyB

What's the blunt leaf form?

It looks like C. microspadix but just with no silver undersides. It actually might be a form of C. microspadix but Paul is new to palms so he doesn't know stuff.

Phoenikakias

Does microspadix have silver undersides?!?!?!?!

Jeff Searle

No.

SubTropicRay

Was it the palm formerly known as C. erumpens with wider leaves? It was lumped into C. seifrizii (narrow leaf form) several years ago.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Patrick
      By Patrick
      Hello Palmtalkers,

Keith got me thinking with his post...

I Have a L. decora that has fruited and the seeds are ripe. This is the first year it has fruited and it's very exciting. The fruits are just starting to fall off the tree. I was curious if anyone wanted some? I have many.

Send me a PM and leave a note here as well. I will cut the seeds down in a few days and dole them out. If you want to send a buck or two for postage, cool- but let me get them mailed out first, I have Paypal. If you don't want to send a buck or two no worries. Thanks.
    • DoomsDave
      By DoomsDave
      Whoo hoo wee! 
      Just got a whole bunch of Dypsis lanceolata seeds!
      If you want some, PM me with your address and I'll send them to you, anywhere on Earth except Morocco.
      Please put "free lanceolata seeds" or similar in the message line.
      You may know the drill already. PM me for any  questions.

• DoomsDave
      By DoomsDave
      Everyone:
      A good friend of mine gave me the seed yield from his mature Dypsis plumosa, and I'd like to share them with you.
      Here's a picture of my mature specimen, which unfortunately had a very small yield this year:

• DoomsDave
      By DoomsDave
      Hello, everyone:
      I have a nice crop of hybrid Brahea seeds, free shipping worldwide to all who want, no charge.
      These are large seeds, so I won't be able to get many in an envelope.
      As the pictures show, this thing is big. It was planted from a very sad-sack 7 gallon in 2006 more or less. It's now the better part of 30 feet (10 m) tall, about 12 - 15 feet (4 - 5 M) across the crown, and about 60 cm (2.5 feet) across the base. The Shoe is 32 cm, 12.5" long.
      I really don't know if these will come true or not. This palm is far bigger than either of the parents, which I think are B. armata and B. brandeegii.
      Full sun, regular water for fastest growth, will survive serious desert conditions. (Sahara? Saudi Arabia? Atacama? No problem!) Please don't plant under utility wires!
      I've been advised to plant each seed in a deep pot or cup to avoid disturbance of the roots when small. I've also been advised to wait till the plants form a number of leaves before trying to move them; they survive root breakage better that way.
      GIVEAWAY INSTRUCTIONS
      PM DoomsDave
      Put "Brahea seeds" in the message line
      Give me your full mailing address.

• DoomsDave
      By DoomsDave
      I have a nice passel of Chamadorea glaucifolia seeds.
      Free for the asking!
      Please shoot me a private message with "free glaucifolia" in the subject line and I will mail them to you,
      Anywhere on Earth, including cold places. C. glaucifolia is a slender, single-trunked species with fine, gray-green leaves that will take sun but also grow well in the shade. Max height here in California is about 7 feet, though they might get taller. They're relatively hardy, though not as iron-clad as radicalis.