IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

I'd like 5 minutes with his little pot-belly a$$. Give him a good a$$ whipping with an Aiphanes leaf.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Jeff, if you google Kim Jong Un right now, look at "in the news" and there is a link from the Telegraph (UK) to a clip you will enjoy. Not sure how long it will be there, so do it now!

The first headline says Putin has invited Kim to visit Moscow. Nice, two guys in the same business, a lot in common, they should mingle. :hmm:

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Jeff, if you google Kim Jong Un right now, look at "in the news" and there is a link from the Telegraph (UK) to a clip you will enjoy. Not sure how long it will be there, so do it now!

The first headline says Putin has invited Kim to visit Moscow. Nice, two guys in the same business, a lot in common, they should mingle. :hmm:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11300783/interview-Kim-Jong-un-death-scene.html

so you don't have to google

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

boom boom boom

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

In the movie to idiots were used invited to Nk by Kim and then the cia uses them to kill him. We can do this for real. Send Dennis Rodman back there :)

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

In the movie to idiots were used invited to Nk by Kim and then the cia uses them to kill him. We can do this for real. Send Dennis Rodman back there :)

Len, that's just one idiot--where are you gonna get the other?

Also, I agree with Jeff Searle--Sony has no cojones! I am amazed that the hacking and blackmail worked and the movie will not be shown! Must be some very damaging blackmail material... Doesn't it feel like North Korea has gotten what they want and Sony has boosted the already egotistical ego of a mad man?! Doesn't it also feel wrong that we should let that weird little freak of a bowl cut Kim(not the one we are all fond of, in Hawaii)??? If this is the end of this story, talk about a Hollywood let down!

I'd like 5 minutes with his little pot-belly a$$. Give him a good a$$ whipping with an Aiphanes leaf.

Jeff - if you really have that much of an issue with him, may I suggest an Acrocomia petiole as a much nastier substitute

That's true. I'm looking into how much flights are to fly over to the north. I want expand my cold hardy palm collection and I heard land is REALLY, REALLY cheap over there. :bemused:

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Any current or past employees of Sony, or people like me who've worked on TV/Film productions for Sony, have been informed that our SS#, date of birth, pretty much everything, etc., has potentially been comprimised, and they've offered us 1 year free identity theft monitoring. What happens after one year? Yay.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Any current or past employees of Sony, or people like me who've worked on TV/Film productions for Sony, have been informed that our SS#, date of birth, pretty much everything, etc., has potentially been comprimised, and they've offered us 1 year free identity theft monitoring. What happens after one year? Yay.

Only a year?!!! Beyond weak. Should be for the remainder of your life. Sorry, but if you allow entry points, even guarded ones, into your network to the outside world then you gotta bear the responsibility.

Matty - Did they contact you electronically? Do you have North Koreans in your hard drive now? :bummed:

I called and spoke to someone to make sure the email was legit. Or maybe they sent me a letter in the mail. Anyway, I called and checked first.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Content Unavailable.

The requested content have been removed.

Oh for crying out loud, this is stupid. Looks like the Telegraph is afraid of little kim now.

In case you missed it ... the controversial death scene

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/227647-kim-jong-un-death-scene-from-the-interview-leaks-online

You can tell he is an out of touch Dictator, no one in his government has the cajones to tell him that his haircut is dated circa MC Hammer :crying:

http://klfy.com/2014/12/23/the-interview-to-get-christmas-release/

“The Interview” to get Christmas release

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

CNN today they got an email from the hackers saying the real damaging emails will be released right before christmas. Stay tune. So far I don’t think its that bad, just business as usual.

This could be interesting.Do you think the CEO of Sony Entertainment will still be employed when the new "bad" e-mails are released ?

I really don’t know just like the rest of everybody else. But I don’t think they will get fired, it’s a doggie dog world in business.

But I do believe that Sony brought this problem onto themselves by making the movie to kill a leader. What would happen if another country made a movie about killing our own president. We would all be up in arms about it. I’m sure the movie isn’t as bad as it sounds but I could see why another country wouldn’t like it.

I am sure that some people members of Tea Party or Right Wing would find such film amusing...

I for one had planned on seeing this movie. Now more than ever, I hoped to still see it. Sometimes in life you just have to stand up in what you believe in and do the the right thing and not let some punk a$$ with two left feet tell you what to do.

• Upvote 1

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

CNN today they got an email from the hackers saying the real damaging emails will be released right before christmas. Stay tune. So far I don’t think its that bad, just business as usual.

This could be interesting.Do you think the CEO of Sony Entertainment will still be employed when the new "bad" e-mails are released ?

I really don’t know just like the rest of everybody else. But I don’t think they will get fired, it’s a doggie dog world in business.

But I do believe that Sony brought this problem onto themselves by making the movie to kill a leader. What would happen if another country made a movie about killing our own president. We would all be up in arms about it. I’m sure the movie isn’t as bad as it sounds but I could see why another country wouldn’t like it.

I am sure that some people members of Tea Party or Right Wing would find such film amusing...

Whats really funny about this whole thing is Sony is not even an American company, its own by the Japanese. LOL!

Edited by Palm crazy
  • Upvote 1

I for one had planned on seeing this movie. Now more than ever, I hoped to still see it. Sometimes in life you just have to stand up in what you believe in and do the the right thing and not let some punk a$$ with two left feet tell you what to do.

They are showing it at the Swap Shop Drive-In Jeff in your neck of the Woods. Load up the truck.

Whats really funny about this whole thing is Sony is not even an American company, its own by the Japanese. LOL!

I have just remebered a south Korean colleague of mine several decades ago in the University confiding to me that the first act of a reunified Korea would very probably be the declaration of war against Japan lol

Here you go. Starting at $5.99 on youtube.

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

I think we are witnessing marketing geniuses at work

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

That guy doesn't look much like Big Kim. Not nearly fat enough.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Hmm. Apparently the biggest problem is that the Interview was a bomb. Or, a dog that won't stop barking.

Those trailers only hinted at the disaster in the making.

Some say that Sony engaged in a giant publicity stunt.

http://biznology.com/2014/12/interview-sony-false-flag-publicity-stunt/

"What is it called when you shoot yourself in your own foot and then blame North Korea? Münchausen syndrome by proxy? To do yourself, your staff children, and your country harm just for attention? What to call this? False Flag Publicity? Münchausen Marketing? Extreme PR? Did Sony hack and threaten itself over The Interview — not, as it was reported, by North Korea?"

Click on the link for more.

• 1 month later...

The hacked e-mails of the Sony Corp don't look good.

Will there be a devestment dropping the stock price?

Will the contracted talent revolt?

Is it a fore gone conclusion that the CEO is done? http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/sony-amy-pascal-leave-top-post-email-leaks-article-1.2104461 It was a matter of time

How long and how hard will the fallout be from what has been revealed?

Will the entity unravel and assets sold ?

Moose, I love it when you quote yourself without saying anything.

Sounds like a cool country song . . . .

Look at the red lettering - new comment plus a link to the 'no mas' Sony Exec who sent the tawdry e-mails

Look at the red lettering - new comment plus a link to the 'no mas' Sony Exec who sent the tawdry e-mails

That would make an even better country song

We're a lucky country in one way: we don't have North Korea for a near neighbor. I'd be a bit nervous if I did.

IMO, it was a brilliant publicity move to make the best of a pathetically bad movie.