Sign in to follow this  
ZoneTenNut

Drought

gsytch

Here in New Port Richey, we've received about a quarter inch of rain since Thur...some tropical system "with lots of rain potential"..while my good friend N of Orlando received about 7". It IS JUST NOT FAIR!!!! Greg :(

SubTropicRay

I'm moving to Tucson where it rains.

www.dadluvsu.com

i dont get it... weve been getting our daily showers here for almost a month now...  I have turned off my sprkinler system in the shadehouse... Keep praying for rain west coast!

bubba

As much rain as we are getting here on the Gold Coast, I can not believe it's dry as a bone over there.

palmmermaid

I just spoke with a friend in Sarasota and he said he has been severely hampered in the nursery by rain the past few days.

SubTropicRay

My last rain was on Monday Sept 24.  The prior rain event was at least a week before that.  It's been the driest summer here in a decade.  Looking at the forecast for the coming week, I'd say the "rainy" season is now over.  There's nothing greater than a 30% chance for the next 7 days.

junglegalfla

Ray,

I think I am worse off than you. It's been terrible at my place too. I'm just ready to call it a gardening year and let the tropicals take a siesta while I work on my hardscaping. Nothing has looked good this year.

SubTropicRay

SWFWMD is considering imposing further watering restrictions for west central and southwest Florida.  It would limit the currently unrestricted hand watering days and limit the hours you can use your sprinklers (on your watering day).

SubTropicRay

Not to beat a dead horse but I will anyway.  Three consecutive days of 60-70% rain chances have yielded NOTHING!!!   I'm still 20 inches below the 50 inch mark considered normal.

fastfeat

Been in Orlando last 36 hrs. Sure looked promising for rain, with the approaching front and all, but pretty disappointing--maybe .25 to .5 inch total. No wonder Lake O is so low...