IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

"Coco Queen" Super Parrot gets planted

nachocarl

I had the chance over the extended weekend to get a couple of projects done such as planting this little Coco Queen I dug up before our move. It had been in the ground for just over a year at our other place planted from a five gal. It decided to stall for a couple of months when I dug it up and put back in a pot, but it has since recovered and I wanted to get this in the ground. I finally picked a spot which of course was occupied by a Washy, regular birds and a few nandenias. Here is a before pic of the area along with the little Coco Queen in its pot. Also notice the small Chamaerops that was dug up from a very tight spot. I didn't get much of a root ball with the Chamaerops but it is in a pot and will hopefully survive.

post-2037-0-22323200-1417457947_thumb.jp

post-2037-0-58851400-1417458097_thumb.jp

post-2037-0-33843900-1417458108_thumb.jp

Carl

Vista, CA

I think it's a S. romanzoffianum (Queen) crossed with S. schizophylla.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Jim, Dave got the cross right

nachocarl, looks like you put it in a very good spot. happy growing!! :greenthumb:

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

send us some pic's when she grows up a bit. It's amazing the speed this cross has

Sunset zone 24

Absolutely! It was just starting to crank at the old place when I pulled it out of the ground but she's permanent now. Josh, I do believe I got my Jub x butia from you a couple of years ago. I brought that one with me too. :) I like your inventory and would like to pick up a few things from you in the future, dypsis and such.

Carl

Vista, CA

Carl, I remember that blue beauty!! :) I have a ton of cool stuff I would love to sell. Send me a PM and we'll set something up.

Sunset zone 24

Ben, these are great looking hybrids, I should get a couple more!

Jimbeam, right on, S. montgomeryana.

Carl

Vista, CA

• 3 weeks later...

Ben, these are great looking hybrids, I should get a couple more!

Jimbeam, right on, S. montgomeryana.

Carl, mo is betta :mrlooney:

Sunset zone 24