IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

7,000 Sabal minor seeds

The Silent Seed

Older seeds - Can't remember if they are 1 year old, or 2 years old. Just don't want to deal with them. No idea if they are still good - and won't bother toying with them.

Cover the cost of getting them to you - and if you have something to trade, even better.

PM me with the number of seeds you want, and whether you want to offer something in trade or not. (NOT NECESSARY.)

Hardy palm lovers, this is a deal. Minors grow wild in Oklahoma, USA. It gets COLD there, friends.

Minors should grow in Dalmatia, Croatia, ENgland, Scotland, Ireland, maybe Holland, possibly even Poland . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 1 month later...

I have these growing in central NJ in the ground for many years with no problem. Last year there was absolutely NO damage from the Polar Vortex of 4F and last summer my oldest produced 3 flower stalks. I cut down two and harvested one with close to 100 seeds! I have found that these germinate VERY easily in warm weather....its almost a weed! Its a shame as this would make a great foundation shrub and add tropical appeal IMHO but that takes educating the public that these can grow and flourish here in the NE.

• 4 weeks later...

Santoury, keep pushing.

I pimp free seeds worldwide. They grow.

You will sow goodwill, friend!

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

They should still be viable if they were stored properly

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Hey Guys, sure, I'll grab a bunch, it's worth a shot. Let me know shipping costs to Toronto area, I'll be sure to cover it. I can PM info if needed.

I'm looking to start S.Minor palm grove. The 3 mature plants I have in the ground have produced a couple of seed stalks, however, they didn't seem that mature yet to germinate after trying.

Thanks,

Pineapple Dan

Pineapple Dan

Burlington, On. USDA Z6B

Canada

S. minors are cute little palm that's tough as nails, ethical dilemmas and tough girls named Emma.

The seeds should be okay. I've got some from last year I'm sending out and so far, no problem with germinating.

All of a sudden, people started coming out of the woodwork. I'll get back to everybody - just been busy preparing for Juno. (read, getting all orders packed up and ready to ship tomorrow.)

The original requestor disappeared, so I still have them - and will divvy them up as much as I can to make everyone happy.

• 2 weeks later...