IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

" Exotic Life " Robbin visit's Tasmania

Tassie_Troy1971

Felt in love with this palm!
2014-09-28012155_zpseca466f3.jpg
Single trunc Chamaerops
2014-09-28012202_zps87cc6f75.jpg
Hedyscepe
2014-09-28012224_zps1ef49672.jpg
Trachycarpus and a Howea which is a combination that you will never see over here.
2014-09-28012244_zps11d5f4ee.jpg
2014-09-28012350_zpsf34b15ca.jpg
Aloe polyphylla
2014-09-28163105_zps7719610f.jpg

Southwest

Nice big Brugmansia sanguinea in his friend garden.
2014-09-28102349_zps07bb8987.jpg
One last Hobart shot...
2014-09-29022750_zpsa7fc9ca2.jpg
I only went to Tasmania for 5 days which is way to short to see everything. Tasmania is bigger then The Netherlands which is a good figure to imagen how big the Island is. The population on Tasmania is only a little more then 500.000 (Figure on the internet) compared almost 17 million in The Netherlands. There is so much space and a incredible nature. I will defitenely return for a little longer stay the next time when I visit Australia.

Southwest

Great photos Robbin and i am glad you enjoyed your short stay down here in Tasmania .

see you next time

Troy

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

That was an enjoyable read....glad you guys had such a good time...it's great to be a part of y'alls adventure and it is very cool that Palmtalk is a place where people from around the world can interact with one another online and in person.

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

• 2 weeks later...

That was an enjoyable read....glad you guys had such a good time...it's great to be a part of y'alls adventure and it is very cool that Palmtalk is a place where people from around the world can interact with one another online and in person.

Totally agree. I felt very welcome in all places where I met palmtalk members.

I did not even had the time and schedule to visit all members that invited me before I even left to Australia.

Hopefully I can return soon to visit also those other palmtalk members.

Edited by Exotic Life

Southwest